Vitatops... thoughts?

Options
Any one tried Vitatops? I've recently heard of them. Are they any good? Worth buying? If so what kind of recipes are you using them in?

Replies

• KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Vitatops....the frozen muffin things? I get them when they're BOGO at Publix and I have a coupon for them...otherwise, they're way too expensive for what they are.

As for recipes, I just pop them in the toaster and eat them straight-up. They are freaking addictive, though...good thing they're only 100 calories, haha.
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the chocolate vitatops, I have a major sweet tooth most nights and these help. With a little cool whip free or peanut butter if I have a little extra calories, yum!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    haven't used them in any recipes, but just as a snack or breakfast, they're pretty good. I like the chocolate and the peanut butter chocolate. They can be a bit pricey though.
  • phoebenaiman
    phoebenaiman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The chocolate ones are super delish! Such a good 100 cal treat!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I think they are yummy, but too expensive when you get like 4 for almost $6 i think? Someone correct me if im wrong xD
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I was eating them for a while as part of my breakfast with a side of bacon / sausage and half a grapefruit - I REALLY like them with cream cheese on them sprinkled with splenda. Right now I am on an oatmeal kick, but I am sure I will cycle back to the vitatops eventually.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    i agree! delicious but pricey!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    last time I checked, they were like $3.88 a box at Target and Walmart. I didn't find it that unreasonable...
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    I think they are yummy, but too expensive when you get like 4 for almost $6 i think? Someone correct me if im wrong xD

No, you're right, they are pricey...a grocery store here puts them buy one, get one free about every other month or so, and sometimes I can find a dollar coupon off...so 2 boxes for about $3 is more reasonable to me. :tongue:
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    last time I checked, they were like $3.88 a box at Target and Walmart. I didn't find it that unreasonable...

Depends on the store and where you live...they're almost $5/box here.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

No, you're right, they are pricey...a grocery store here puts them buy one, get one free about every other month or so, and sometimes I can find a dollar coupon off...so 2 boxes for about $3 is more reasonable to me. :tongue:

Ah okay I thought It was somewhere around there xD

I think you could make a similar, healthy treat for less IMO :]
    2 boxes for $3 isnt bad tho. The cornbread ones were good :D
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have only ever had the chocolate ones and I used to actually eat them straight out of the freezer with a little peanut butter on top. Super yummy that way!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Tasty but overpriced.
  • kemccarty
    Options
    Yummy! I have had banana nut and chocolate, and they are such a great little treat or option for breakfast. To be a broken record, though, they are pricey. I love that they're organic, but I can mock the recipe at home for a fraction of the price.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You can buy them online and get coupons! Google them...once you start ordering them they will send you coupons for like 6 free....I have a freezer of them! Love them with fat free cream cheese!
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    hmmm...mabe I got a bad box...I thought they were kind of dry and cardboard tasting. With all of the good reviews, maybe I will try them again :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I've got to get some!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE them. The chocolate mint tastes just like a thin mint GIrl Scout cookie. :) Yeah, they can be pricey, but I think they're worth it. Plus, getting them on sale is a plus.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think they are okay, tried them once but not really worth the price for the amount you get. I honestly would rather spend my calories on something else. :)
  • harriet_tubman
    Options
    they are amazing. just microwave them and eat them. they're expensive. i used to eat a whole box a day. no joke.