All 5'7" - 5'9" -- Let's compare weight w/pants size

Options

Replies

• therealslimme
    therealslimme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'9" approximately 143 lbs, size 8 US, or 31 in waist levis jeans. Top size M usually, but sometimes S. I find American sizes seem to have grown along with the trend to increased weight, i.e. where I have been size L or XL previously I am now size S or M.... Any opinions on this?
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'7
    SW 179 large size 14 UK (10 US)
    CW 155 size 12 UK (8 US)
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm ALMOST 5'-7" - does that count? (hehe, I'm just over 5'-6.5").

I weigh 125 and am (for the first time EVER in my life) a size 2 in pants (still seems wierd - I don't think I look skinny enough to wear a size 2), and a XS-M in shirts depending on where they're coming from, but probably a S on average.

I've had a couple other weight brackets too:

170 lbs - I wore a size 12 in pants, M-L in shirts
    140 lbs - I wore a size 6 in pants, S-M in shirts
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Something tells me this is mainly females....... buttttttttt ah well

I am 5'7, started at 240 pounds and a 38 pant size, XL shirt size.
    I am now about 165 pounds, and wearing a 32, M shirt size.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Weights is the difference. I am the smallest I have ever been at a size 6; my previous smallest was when I was in my Sr yr of High school, size 9/10; according to the scale, I am still 14 lbs heavier now than I was then.
  • grandma2401
    Options
    it might also depend where you live. i am in england and weigh 212lbs. i wear a size 18
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    128.6 lbs at the moment
    GW: 120 lbs.
    Pants size: 6 would be a nice slim fit, while 8 would be a more fitted 'boyfriend' look
    Shirt size since you mentioned yours: M, sometimes small, but mostly M because I've got a bigger bust for my frame >.<
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 (and a half), I weigh 196, unfortunately, unlike many women about my weight, I'm not full proof in a size 16. I think I hold my weight in my hips, most brands of 16's I've tried on fit well up to the waist and then they're too tight. And most brands of 18's I've tried are roomy enough for a belt, so I guess I'm like a 17. Shirt size XL.

Starting weight was 256, that also proved to be my highest weight and clothes sizes. Pants were 20-22, and shirt was 2X.
  • readmysexymind
    readmysexymind Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5'8 143 lbs and size 8;pants with small or extra small top
  • klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'9" going on 5'10" and a size 4 or 5 just depending on the cut and a small on top.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    5'9" approximately 143 lbs, size 8 US, or 31 in waist levis jeans. Top size M usually, but sometimes S. I find American sizes seem to have grown along with the trend to increased weight, i.e. where I have been size L or XL previously I am now size S or M.... Any opinions on this?

I must agree and I believe this to be true. Whether it is due to "stretch" material or adjustments made to keep us believing we are not 'that' big, I can not say; but I do smell a conspriacy between fashion and fast food industries :noway: :laugh:
  • christi125
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 194 lbs. I'm currently wearing a size 16.
  • jillianfan317
    jillianfan317 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 160 lbs wear a size 12/13 depends on how the jeans are made
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'', 132 lbs and wear a size 4/6 in jeans and a S/M top.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    When I was young (21 in 1976), I was 5' 6" tall and weighed 120. I was in the military and wore uniforms. My size then was 12/14, so based on what the rest of you are saying I am positively amazed at how different the sizes are now. Now that I'm 57, I'm only 5' 4" tall. At my top weight of 302 I wore size 26/28 pants and 4x tops. I've lost 50 pounds so far and am disappointed that my clothing size has barely changed. I can wear the size 24 pants that have been in the drawer for a couple of years, but the 4x tops still fit, although they are a little looser. I thought 50 pounds would make more difference.
  • bexiepixie
    bexiepixie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5'7 and weigh around about 145lb haven't checked properly in a while so could be more or less. I'm a UK size 12 but have noticed in some shops were clothes are smaller im fitting into a size 14, though they are still a bit big on me.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 140 lbs, size 2/4 jeans, xs/s/m shirt, depending on the store. Dress size is more like a 6-8.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I am 170lbs. I wear a size 10 in jeans. my legs are 34'' long so sometimes I buy mens size 32/34 for the lenght.
  • nic_ci
    nic_ci Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh around 150...I wear an 8 in pants/shorts...small in shirts and dresses...can wear a 6 in dresses...need to lose baby belly still!
  • valkyrie06
    valkyrie06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and weigh about 201, while my pants size is a 16. I used to buy only XL tops but now I can get away with buying L.