no time to exercise! help!

Options
13»

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the excuses we all can come up with not to exercise. We do not seem to make these same excuses when it's time to watch TV, get on the computer, shop, eat out, veg on the sofa, etc.

No matter what your schedule is, you can work out. You must just decide to work out.
  • JohnCOConnor
    Options
    Why did you post this under success stories
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Easy. If you want to exercise and make lifestyle change you'll find the time. Easier.... do nothing.

BOOM. simple. you make time.
  • sarahrichards81
    Options
    Totally hear what you're saying about not having a lot of time but a friend of mine's trainer said to her 'If Barrack Obama can make time to workout for an hour a day then surely you can'. Kind of put things into perspective as me.

I love bodyrock.tv - they post a workout every week day that is 12 minutes. EVERYONE can find 12 minutes in their day. They are really varied and pretty hardcore so don't be discouraged but give them a go for a few days.

As someone else said, it's the little things that count as well:

Doing a stirfry? Do some lunges whilst you're waiting.
    At the photocopier? How about some tricep dips?
    Ban lifts (elevators for you over the pond) and escalators - always take the stairs
    Do some squats whilst you are brushing your teeth
    Do bicep curls as your carrying your groceries home (yes you'll look a bit silly but will you care when you have toned arms - don't think so)

The hardest part is honestly getting into the mindset that exercise is just as much as part of your daily routine as showering and brushing your teeth is. It won't happen over night, but as soon as you start thinking like that it'll be easier for you.

GOOD LUCK!!
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day (Office Manager). Today during my lunch hour, I walked to UPS to send a package, then walked to the grocery store to pick up some things for the breakroom. I carried the bags back to the office, and they were heavy! I got a nice little calorie burn from all of this. Tomorrow, I am going to walk to the bus stop and take the bus to work, then I'm going to walk home.

Fortunately I live in an urban area so things are close by, you should think about places where you could walk to.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Tabata. Look it up.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    You will find time!

I go to school over full time, work 20+ hours a week, commit to church 3-4 hours a week, entertain my husband, cook home made dinners, grocery shop, clean, do laundry, do a huge amount of homework, read book (s) on a nightly basis AND hang out with family each and every week and can still pull out 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes and I do not work out at home. I can bike to the gym but i still have to put clothes on and get myself down there and get in 30 minutes. You can do it!!! Just find time and remember now or never.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I started waking up a half hour earlier. Started doing cardio 15 minutesvata time, once I got into the groove I found the time to up my time. I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and yet I have now found 60-75 minutes at least 3 times a week to hop on my elliptical trainer and sweat. Start small, 10 minutes, 15, 20, do not listen to the hype, even 10 minutes is better than not at all. Just do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!