Skin Firming Lotion?

Options
I wasn't really sure where to post this topic, I think this may be the most appropriate section. Anyway, do you use any skin firming lotions? If so, which kinds? Do you think they work?

I've been using Jergen's Skin firming lotion, pretty much daily, I'm on my second bottle. I'm not really 100% sure if it's doing anything but I think it's good to moisturize anyway, that's gotta help with elasticity somewhat eh?

I'm really concerned that I will have excess skin despite losing 0-2lbs each week, so I figured why not try it, my friend recommended Jergen's and I'm interested in trying other brands. Even if they don't help with elasticity, I'm at least motivated to use moisturizer every day.

Replies

• TXMOMMY2010
    Options
    Bumping for responses because I'd like to know a good skin-firming lotion as well! Good question!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE St. Ives skin renewing body lotion. It is so mild and non greasy I even use it on my face. It has collagen Elastin and shea butter. And is great for sensative skin. Even better you can get it over the counter and it don't cost the arm and leg you are trying to firm! lol :laugh:
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There are two really good skin firming lotions that I've used and do their job. First is St. Ives Collagen and Elastin. Now I use Palmer's Coco Butter Formula Firming Butter with shea butter, collagen, elastin and vitamin E. Again, both of them are good. They definitely firmed my skin up, and they're not expensive.

One great advice I can give you, is before you go to sleep massage your skin with a small handheld wooden body massager that looks like a small porcupine. After massaging apply the lotion. During sleep is when our skin repairs itself, and massaging it before going to sleep ensures better bloodflow to skin which makes the night time healing and regeneration that much better.

Another thing you can do to make sure you don't end up with loose skin is strength training. My weight loss has been extremely slow, but my body is tightening up along with my skin. Hope this helps!
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    Thanks! That's good advice.

I'm looking into getting St Ives or Nivea but I wanted to see what other people recommend before I do.
  • ninkira1
    ninkira1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of things about this, since I started to develop stretch marks on my thighs as a kid. Back then the dermatologist said to use pure coco butter to up elasticity and prevent stretch marks, and later he said only a medicated creme would help. Now a lot of dermatologists are saying that a lack of elasticity is usually from poor diet, genes, Or rapid growth, and in some cases it can't be helped. I think as long as you keep moisturizing and toning your body, when you lose weight your skin will readjust just fine... :)
  • bulletprooff
    Options
    Thanks! That's why I think the worst case scenario is that I'm just spending too much on moisturizer. Even if it doesn't do anything regular moisturizer would do, it's conditioning me to apply it every day.
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Bump
  • slporter3
    Options
    bump
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use something called defining gel and I use skin tightening wraps- I LOVE THEM. Lost a lot of inches and my skin stays firm as I'm losing weight. Skin is a HUGE concern for me with the amount of weight I need to lose. 70 lbs so far and NO issues to report yet. I love these products. Message me if you want more info on them
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I use st ives and its awesome!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Honestly, I notice a difference in firming with ANY lotion, as long as I'm using it daily, usually directly out of the shower when your skin is still moist and ready to soak in the lotion. Currently I'm using Curel skin relief (itch relief) because I tend to get itchy in the dry winter months. In the summer I'll use regular Aveeno, or Arbonne's FC5 body lotion. That combined regular weight lifting (heavy lifting, no girly weights) will get you the firmness you're looking for!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use Palmers Cocoa Butter which I see in Top Sante magazine is one of top recommended products. I love what it has done for my skin & I smell totally yummy and edible!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use Philosophy Amazing Grace every day after I shower. I love it, and it smells amazing!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm getting some of the Palmers today!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    St. Ives firming lotion is awesome! I love it.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I could post tons of links, but you should really just google this yourself. Like fad diets, these things don't really work.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Pure coconut oil.
  • Hollyjd1019
    Options
    I have concerns for loose skin too. Im especially concerned with my lower stomach. I would hate to lose all my weight and have skin just hanging there! I've been applying AVON Dramatic Firming Creme on the area as well as under my chin after showers. I've been massaging my stomach as well just to stimulate the area. I'm also making sure I drink my water. I try to workout everyday. But I'm not doing any heavy lifting. Mostly aerobics with some strengthing w light weights. And some dancing on the Wii. I hope this makes a difference. :)
  • dwbrunton
    Options
    Drink lots more water, all the fad , yes I said fad lotions are just that FADS, water will naturally tighten loose skin, I am a male , I have a spare tire if someone needs road side assistance loljk, true to itself water and weightloss will help skin tighten back up, good luck in your endeavors...:smile:
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Here's a routine you might want to consider for reducing cellulite & improving circulation...

1. Dry Skin Brush before your shower.

2. Exfoliate in the shower

3. After hot shower, go COLD for 2 minutes

4. Dry with hard towel (sun dried)

5. Slap on the lotion

6. Drink water - lots of it!!
    Repeat x2 a day, but EX FOLIATE only every other day.

You'll have beautiful skin in no time! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!