Late night, low cal, sweet tooth fix.

Options
I sometimes have these insatiable late night cravings that endanger my calorie intake.. But I am a good girl and learned to save enough calories for my cup 100 calorie ice cream or mini bag of 100 calorie kettle corn. Recently though I've needed some variety and remembered something my granny used to snack on. This is by far the favorite of all my snacks, providing the sweet I need with some tart.

Start by slicing one tangerine or peach, pour into bowl.
Add 1/2 cup milk. I use 1% which = 55 calories.
Add one little packet of truvia if you need more of a sweet kick.. I do.

My little snack tops around 125 calories and it's extremely satisfying. If you have some good ones let me know (preferably under 150 calories for snacks), thanks!

Replies

• prairiedawg2014
    Options
    try this.....

Creamsicle

1 pkg of orange jello light
    1 pkg vanilla fat free instant pudding mix
    8 oz fat free Cool Whip

make orange jello according to pkg directions. Add pkg of vanilla pudding mix. Then add Cool Whip.
    Mix all together with a whisk or mixer. pour 1/2 cup into 6 dessert bowls and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
    46 cals 9g carbs 1g fat 1g protein

also, try this

321 Cupcake

1 box angel food cake ( i use no name)
    1 box chocolate or any flavor cake mix ( again i use no name)

Pour the dry mix of both cakes in a large bowl and blend together ( do not add anything to the dry mix)
    store in air tight container.
    Anytime you want a cupcake take
    3 tablespoons of dry mix and put in a cup ( i use a coffee cup)
    add 2 tablespoons water, and stir. put in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute.
    each cupcake is 55 cals 11g carbs 1g fat 1g protein
  • run2lose45
    run2lose45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try that angel food cupcake one! Here's my latenight sweet tooth-

Using:
    (1/4 Cup) Package of frozen berry mix = 20 calories
    (3/4 Cup) Fat free cool whip (i freeze it) = 80 calories

So, for about 100 calories, you can get a quick yummy frozen fix. I like to just divvy the fruit into premeasured containers and put a 1/2 cup to a cup of frozen cool whip in it, so I don't over do it.

17924517.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sydneebd34
    sydneebd34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello is my go to late night food. Love it!
  • n8na
    n8na Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try that angel food cupcake one! Here's my latenight sweet tooth-

Using:
    (1/4 Cup) Package of frozen berry mix = 20 calories
    (3/4 Cup) Fat free cool whip (i freeze it) = 80 calories

So, for about 100 calories, you can get a quick yummy frozen fix. I like to just divvy the fruit into premeasured containers and put a 1/2 cup to a cup of frozen cool whip in it, so I don't over do it.

Easy and I love it!
  • Rosa1455
    Rosa1455 Posts: 38
    Options
    Wow, I am trying these, Lol
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I need to get some angel food cake mix now!!! :laugh:

Skinny cow ice cream - all the way!! Either the bars, the ice cream sandwiches, or the itty bitty cups! None has more than 150 calories, some have only 100!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am not really a "sweet tooth" but since starting on my weightloss journey ( no D word here) I was surprised to find I sometimes crave a sweet snack at night. I have some low fat frozen berry yoghurt, or the Kelloggs dessert bars that are around 80 cals, the caramel one is very sweet and even has a tiny amount of chocolate on the base, and the Berry Cheesecake is yummy too. :)
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Frozen red grapes. They're like bite-size popsicles. I usually eat about a cup of them.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Bump for the Creamsicle recipe. Yum!