Sugar Cravings

I have a real problem regarding maintaining my self-control and staying on my diet when I get cravings for sweet things. Most of the time, I'm not even hungry when I get these cravings- but I can't seem to stop thinking about sweets until I finally give in. That is the weak area for me when it comes to watching what I eat. Does anyone have any advice on how to successfully stay distracted when this happens, in order to stay on track with a diet? I could really use some help with this! Thank you =)

Replies

• sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    The best thing I can recommend is that you reduce your carbs (to about 100 g per day) and up your protein intake. It's what worked for me, and believe me, I had cravings that made me want to eat the fridge (swimming in maple syrup). The moment I started dialing down carbs and dialing up protein, the cravings were completely gone.

Can't promise that you'll see the same total effect I had, because every body is different, but I guarantee you that the cravings will get less.
  • Bummmmmmp! I have serious sugar cravings haha:)
  • For me, reducing carbs and upping protein makes me crave sweets more. I can't seem to live without chocolate...so I make sure I save enough calories to include sweet things during the day. Like trail mix with m&m's and chocolate covered raisins in it, and at night I will often have a chocolate milk. Another treat I have is a bowl of cheerios & milk but I put chocolate syrup on it. These are healthier options I have found to satisfy my cravings instead of eating a box of oreos or a bowl of ice cream. But once a month I will let myself indulge!
  • Sweets and potatoes are my archilles heel! I love them both so much. Does anyone have tips on how NOT to crave them?