FOR ALL YOU SMOKERS OUT THERE.....

Options
SO we went out to dinner with friends the other night and the guy was smoking this new contraption ~ an electronic nicotine delivery device. It looks just like a cigarette but has these nicotine cartridges in. The end lites up when you suck on it just like a cig and you are able to blow out water vapor that looks like smoke.

Basically you are getting just the nicotine and none of the tar/tobacco etc.

The cartridges get lower and lower in their nicotine content till you finally ween yourself off it.

Pretty interesting I thought.

Here's some info on it from the card they gave us ~

www.myinlife.com/lorimcbride200

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    SO we went out to dinner with friends the other night and the guy was smoking this new contraption ~ an electronic nicotine delivery device. It looks just like a cigarette but has these nicotine cartridges in. The end lites up when you suck on it just like a cig and you are able to blow out water vapor that looks like smoke.

Basically you are getting just the nicotine and none of the tar/tobacco etc.

The cartridges get lower and lower in their nicotine content till you finally ween yourself off it.

Pretty interesting I thought.

Here's some info on it from the card they gave us ~

www.myinlife.com/lorimcbride200
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Very interesting.
    Should help the lungs heal a bit faster.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    this sounds stupid even as I type it, but is it lit/on fire? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I just had to ask...
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me about these... I might look into it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    so I went to check out the website and it is interesting, but I had to laugh at the warning page:

"Nicotine is an addictive substance. This product has not been approved by the U.S. FDA as a cessation device and therefore should not be used to quit smoking."

I thought that was funny. Everywhere on the page it is referred to as an "alternative smoking device." They never say anything about quitting smoking by using this product. Just stopping using cigarettes.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Well of course they don't want you to stop using their product. That's how they make their money!

It's not on fire....there's a light at the end that glows when you take a breath in.

It looks like a real cigarette and if it keeps the tar and yuck outta your body I don't think it would be such a bad thing.

A lot of smoking is that actually habit and ritual of holding the actual cigarette.