New here: Excited!

Options
Hello all :smile:

New here. Joined on the 18th of Feb this year. Already impressed and inspired by the numerous success stories and really dedicated members.

Quick Stats:
Sex: Male
Height: 176cm/5'9
Activity Level: Desk job (mostly) in front of a laptop for around 10hrs a day
Weight Before: 113.? Kg / 250 lbs (June 2011)
Weight Current: 93.8 Kg/ 208 lbs (Feb 2012)
MFP Suggested Cal/day: 1380
Workout: 60-75min on Elliptical/Cross Trainer [machine says 16-17km & 1100-200 cal - no way to know for sure] 6 days per week for one month. In March starting weight training on alternate days: [60 min cardio only day] followed by [weights + 30min cardio] for 6 days per week. Flexible with this plan; will make changes depending on my physical ability at any point in time.

Before joining MFP I tried the "reboot" program for 31 days. Got mighty inspired after watching "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" I successfully completed the strict juice only diet (70:30 / veg : fruits) with a total weight loss of 30lbs in 30 days. Not bad for a first attempt, in my humble opinion ofcourse! I don't know how many calories were there in around 6 beer mugs of mixed fresh juice from both veggies and fruits but somehow it worked and I didn't fall sick as well. So it was a win for me.

Now, am sure I'd have lost certain amount of muscle during this period but the kick start it gave me was tremendous. Not only that, it helped me quit smoking which I had been religiously continuing for the last several years :smile:

After joining MFP, I now do smarter grocery shopping, count my daily caloric intake and workout everyday for an ambitious goal of loosing 15 kg/ 33 lbs more in the coming 4 months. By July if am not successful, I'll sulk for a while but won't stray off from the plan. That's the real goal!

Please feel free to comment, critique, suggest or advice me on the above. Really hoping to be an active member of this energetic forum.

Cheers.