Please give me tips to reduce carbs!

Options
I am not planning on doing a no carb diet but I would like to reduce my carb intake. Problem is it seems every meal has loads carbs! Any tips appreciated x

Replies

• Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Change up what type of carbs you are eating maybe?

I have reduced mine significantly. I always eat porridge in a morning to help keep the hunger at bay and give me a fighting start.

I also eat lots of protien to help keep hunger at bay.

The majority of my carbs now come from porridge oats in a morning, and lots of lots of fruit and veg. Mainly veg as it generally has a little less sugar in.

I occasionally have a jacket potato or a very small amount of brown rice or pasta but not every day. I always seem to come under my carb allowence but always go over on protien which isn't a bad thing providing your eating lots of fiberus foods.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to friend me you can see my diary. I adopt a moderate carb regime, typically keeping below 120g a day. Works great for me.

Sources are typically wholemeal pitta's, soy and linsead bread, porridge etc
  • pagham
    pagham Posts: 29
    Options
    Don't eat bread, potatoes, rice, pasta or cakes.
    I used to love all of them but avoid them all now. Whereas I would have a sandwich for lunch (usually with a meat fillng) I just up the meat content and have it with a big salad. - most of the time I don't miss them.

I do have cereal for breakfast (Sultana Bran) which is one thing I refused to give up but I actually don't miss the rest. Instead of potatoes I just have more of other vegetables. I have a roast dinner once a week - I don't have the roast potato but I do have roast carrots, pumpkin and a bit of sweet potato. Reducing carbs works for me and seeing the results more quickly than just eating everything in moderation spurs me on.
  • ti2v78
    ti2v78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    To keep your meals more rounded and make sure you don't feel left out by having simply cut carbs, add in extra sources of healthy fats (and/or more protein if you are eating too little protein). For example, have a handful of nuts, or add a sweet potato in place of a regular one, but have some cream cheese on it. Or add a bit more meat to each serving. You will eat a lot fewer calories and feel more satiated this way as well.