veg help needed.

Options
iancburgess
iancburgess Posts: 8 Member
Hi guys. Let me just start by saying, i hate veg. Maybe hate is not the right word. Probably despise, cant stand and just really don't like them are better lol. I need help to see how to put them on my plate as i never do and my kids are starting to do the same and i don t want them to come out like me.

I really am fussy with food. I want my kids to eat anything and like it, more like the mum. I pretty much like mean and potato and tomatoes. Thats about what i eat, that and chocolate though i have cut down massively.

Any ideas.

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I hated broccoli and asparagus until I tried them with a lil cheese on top.
  • francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My family likes veggies for the most part, but I am trying to make them a larger part of our menu. Lately I have been hiding them in all kids of things. I add extra veggies to homemade soups, put a salad with our pizza that I have added veggies to and the best lately has been chicken and veggie quesadillas. Whole wheat torts with broccoli, onion, mushrooms, carrots, corn and tomato chopped up small in addition to the normal chicken and cheese. We love them.
  • ajcrider
    Options
    Try roasting vegies for a very different flavor. For example, I'm not a big fan of brussle sprouts, but roast them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, YUM! I have tried a lot of vegies this way and all have been great :)
  • victoria1957
    victoria1957 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I raised two boys and I don't know if this is true for everyone but it was in my case. I was really young when the first one was born so I did not know what I was doing AT ALL! So, my advice and it sounds like it is too late in your case....is that when you start your babies on baby food, start them on vegetables. Feed them veggies for a while and then introduce the fruit later. That way they are used to veggies and are ok with them from the gate. If you start them on fruit first, that is like giving them candy and then just try carrots! I dare you....so maybe your mum gave you fruit first? That is what I did with my first and he grew up hating vegetables and could hardly gag them down....now he is a fitness buff and is dealing with the same issue you are, trying to be a good role model to his boys. My second son I knew a bit more and gave him veggies first. As a young man, he is very trim and athletic and has no problem eating tons of veggies....just a thought...