Exercise/scales

Options
Just out of interest, for those who started an exercise program from doing absolutely nothing, how long before the scales shifted in the right direction? I guess a lot of people see inch loss first but I'm curious about how long the scales take to catch up. Thanks. :o)

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    With proper diet, you should see the scales move immediately.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest, for those who started an exercise program from doing absolutely nothing, how long before the scales shifted in the right direction? I guess a lot of people see inch loss first but I'm curious about how long the scales take to catch up. Thanks. :o)

For me, in the first week. But guys always start losing faster than women. And again, specific to me, giving up fast food was an instant drop of 800-1500 calories a day so I had some quick results. The doc and dietician who supervised my initial process said men can usually drop 1-2 pounds a week for first 1 or 2 months. Women (in general) drop about half that much to start with. And womens' weight naturally fluctuates a few pounds a month where as mens' weight does not.