Eating out tomorrow - can I carry over?

I'm going for a meal tomorrow night and staying over in a hotel, so won't be making any of my own food. I am going to exercise tomorrow morning to build up some calories for myself to eat but I was wondering if I do extra exercise tonight and don't eat the calories, can I carry them over to tomorrow? Just wonderin :)

Replies

• Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Yes I think so.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Sure! I find if I have stuff like that coming up, like tomorrow my parents are taking me to dinner for Mexican food, I look more at weekly calories rather than daily.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    if you're hungry eat
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Im the same Dannii, going out for a meal tmro night and panicking over what im going to order!! I dont know wether to choose something lower in cals i wouldnt normally choose.....or just order what i want as its only the one night. Decisions decisions! :huh:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Yes, you can. your body doesn't reset itself overnight so if you eat a bit less today you can eat a bit more tomorrow. :-)
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I don't do this subconciously but sometimes if I do go over one day and I notice I was way under the day before then I say ok no big deal and move on. I think it is ok every now and then for a few extra hundred calories. Just enjoy yourself and jump back up on it the next day! You are doing so great!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    The important thing is to balance out over the week. Life happens and going over for the day is sometimes inevitable. As long as you're on the right side of the line at the end of the week, you should continue to lose!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    No.

the human body runs on a clock that works with sun up and sun down.

This is hormonal.

24 hours is what you have!

Call it a cheat day and enjoy the metabolic boost you get from it!

PS: Log everything!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Yes, you can. your body doesn't reset itself overnight so if you eat a bit less today you can eat a bit more tomorrow. :-)

^^^ this makes sense!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    A daily guide is just that daily, yes if we hit the dailys(sp) it makes it a lot easier to stay consistent & meet our weekly, monthly, yearly goals. BUT life needs to go on as well, so your weekly goal is the way to look at this one. Hey everybody needs a treat/break now & again :)

Russ
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Im the same Dannii, going out for a meal tmro night and panicking over what im going to order!! I dont know wether to choose something lower in cals i wouldnt normally choose.....or just order what i want as its only the one night. Decisions decisions! :huh:

Why don't you go to Menupages website or the restaurant's website and look at their menu and pre-log, that's what I have done for tomorrow :)
  • aSunflower
    aSunflower Posts: 73 Member
    I think this works great. Just don't go overboard. I have found eating out easier if I spend a little time with the restaurants nutritional information BEFORE I go the the restaurant. I usually have my meal planned and I try not to even look a the menu.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    No.

This is hormonal.

I do log absolutely everything. Are you sure about this though? Seems a bit mad that I can't work extra hard to burn calories to use the next day..
  • I think that is better than eating more with the intention of burning more later or eating less later. You should look at your calories more wholistically e.g. over a week rather than just within a day.

**edited by MFP moderator** - please, no links to promotional websites
  • Your body burns fat over a weekly period so you should be looking at your weekly calories, not your daily really. So I think you'll be fine :D
  • No.

This is hormonal.

This is rubbish and makes no sense! Speak to any dietician.

• Your body burns fat over a weekly period so you should be looking at your weekly calories, not your daily really. So I think you'll be fine :D

Agreed. Very sensible!

• em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    course you can, your body doesnt have a magic 'reset' button that resets your calories at midnight lol!

I can be waaaay over, maybe even double my days allowance if i go for a meal / night out, but I make up for it over the rest of the week and have still had good losses between 1-3 lbs/week.
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member

Why don't you go to Menupages website or the restaurant's website and look at their menu and pre-log, that's what I have done for tomorrow :)

Yeh i just had a look, some of the salads have about 800cals in them!!!! lol! So i need to decide wether or not to order something low in cals that i wouldnt usually order..........or just order what i usually get and count it as a cheat meal.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    I look at my calories on a 10 day average (Averaging the calories for the past 10 days). That tells you if you are repeatedly over/under eating. It also solves the problem of subconciously under eating after a cheat day. It has done really well for me with calories and weight- I live my life and make small adjustments after a week or so to compensate for what is happening.

Bottom line- you cannot exercise off calories alone. There has to be a diet component- Example: I am training to run a marathon, have ran 170 miles and burned off over 25000 calories doing it- only 7 lbs of my weight loss is from all that running.

Have fun, indulge a little and get back to task- you will be fine- Best of luck to you!!