Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 day shred and six pack abs

How are the jillian micheal dvds?

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Love love love them, tho she is a bit irritating. But her workouts have heeded great results with me, highly recomend her! Im alternating both 30ds and 6w6p atm!
  • I'm on day 2 of 30DS and I love it. I was silly yesterday morning after my 1st session. I felt so good I thought "Hell I could do this twice a day and feel great!" Then toward the end of the day I started to feel the first twinges of soreness. So I held off the second session and figured I'll stick to once a day. This morning I was SO sore in my thighs and upper back while I did day two but pushed through it.

I really do love it and look forward to seeing and feeling results when I'm done. I haven't decided if I'm going to go straight thru the 30 days or take a break once a week. Ask me that @ day 6. I also haven't decided which Jillian dvd I'll move to when I'm done with 30DS. We'll see.
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    I am having excellent results with Jillian. I do agree she gets to grind on the nerves a little....but it's only 20 ish minutes....of pain...but it works!!!!
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    I did 30 DS and am now working my way through 6 week 6 pack abs - did level 2, day 2 this morning. I love both of them, and plan on doing thighs and buns next. I do one level straight through, no break days. Then I take one day off, and go to the next level. I have had great results with toning, but not much weight lost. If you're looking for weight loss, adding some cardio would probably help. Have fun! :happy:
  • I am having excellent results with Jillian. I do agree she gets to grind on the nerves a little....but it's only 20 ish minutes....of pain...but it works!!!!

I just keep the volume down low. LOL
  • AMAZING!!! I highly recommend both of those! If you are ready for something a little higher intensity with a longer work out time, she also has Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, its really good as well and about double the length of the other 2.
  • Nitradee
    Nitradee Posts: 1 Member
    The 30 day shred is a great work out! Worth doing!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    I love them both...but agree that she's annoying. I do a Jillian video every morning before work!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    :bigsmile: Love 30DS. Did my 1st round for 30 consecutive days. Doing my second round of it now with heavier weights (but not doing it every day-- got to get ready for a 5K, so spending more days on cardio and mixing in the 30DS).
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    I discovered yesterday that there is actually an option in the MENU to have music only.....it was wonderful just watching her mouth move and nothing coming out!!!
    I am having excellent results with Jillian. I do agree she gets to grind on the nerves a little....but it's only 20 ish minutes....of pain...but it works!!!!

I just keep the volume down low. LOL
  • I have Ripped in 30 and I love it. I want to try some of the others as well. And they are all priced pretty reasonably.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    I use 30 day shred and like it, many of my MFP friends use it and others and I have not heard a bad word about the programs. Well worth the 9.97 per dvd at Walmart.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    i started with the 30 day shred and i loved it, i have now moved on the the 6 week 6 pack, and really like this one so far also. not sure which one i will do next.
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Really enjoy 30DS (although I find Jillian Michaels a tad irritating - but maybe that's because I'm British :laugh: :tongue: )but an issue I found with it was my knees (and I know, through looking at online reviews, it's something that crops up with other people) - after day 1 at level 1 I started getting knee pain (which wasn't confined to the time I was doing the DVD, it was all day) and it got worse over the next few days.

Having discussed it with my gym instructor it seems to be the press-ups/push-ups (whatever you want to call them) that were the problem - because my upper body strength is s***t I was doing the "easier" half press ups, following exactly what was shown on the screen. On my knees, lower leg raised in the air (so basically balanced on my knees). Doing a press-up like that causes a rolling motion on the knee-joint which is unnatural and can cause damage. My gym instructor pointed out that it's a common error and a lot of fitness instructors suggest it and he's seen a lot of people with knee pain because of it. - he suggested keeping the lower legs flat on the ground. I started doing exactly that and within a couple of days the pain went away.

It might be something to keep in mind when doing the exercises :smile:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I can't stand Jillian when she talks, I constantly find my self yelling at her like she can hear me LOL, but I really do enjoy her 30DS dvd, i'm on Level 2 day 1 and I feel great. Only thing I do have to say is if you have bad knees I would not recommend this dvd, she does a lot of jumping and stuff which will lead to sore knees
  • Camshaft84
    Camshaft84 Posts: 11 Member
    I have recently found out I have degenerative tendinosis in my shoulder and I have to really limit what kinds of workouts I do.

Is this 30 day shred good for guys to do? Does it require "heavier weights" or is it low weights for toning?

Tip for annoying DVD hosts: Turn the volume low on the TV and put some music on a backround stereo :) Worked for my P90x days.
  • I loved the Shred! I only lost a few pounds, but many inches! I'm now doing Ripped in 30! Started level 3 yesterday and it's NO JOKE! Seeing great results from doing both dvds back to back! I love/hate Jillian! :)
  • I have recently found out I have degenerative tendinosis in my shoulder and I have to really limit what kinds of workouts I do.

Is this 30 day shred good for guys to do? Does it require "heavier weights" or is it low weights for toning?

Tip for annoying DVD hosts: Turn the volume low on the TV and put some music on a backround stereo :) Worked for my P90x days.

I recommend 30 DS for anybody. it goes according to your level of comfort, you can choose the weight you use. I prefer to use 5 lbs.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    I have recently found out I have degenerative tendinosis in my shoulder and I have to really limit what kinds of workouts I do.

She does alot of ground work as u go thru the levels, planks, pushups..etc
  • I like them because they are short, you can do a workout and have a shower in less than 40 minutes which is great as I am busy. I think it motivates my eating aswell when I do it because its every day :smile:
    good luck
    (I am talking about the 30DS)