HONESTLY are Protein shakes filling?

Options
13»

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Think your right Id rather have proper food just stuck on what to have for breakfasts that will fill me up?
    An omelette or bacon and eggs. I'm not carb-phobic, and I find egg and toast soldiers keeps me full for ages!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have mine with skimmed milk and it really does fill me up all morning- only just ate my lunch. I do drink it slowly though as otherwise I find it quite heavy in my stomach.

Not sure if I am posting this right!

Would you please give recipe ideas for shakes.

I literally just put skimmed milk and protein powder in the blender, that's it. But when I used to make a lot of smoothies I would use any fruit, usually bananas and berries though, and blend them with some low fat natural yogurt. You could make smoothies and add protein powder to that. I think there's quite a few threads with smoothie recipes.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I also drink mine with skim milk, and they are filling. I drink mine within half an hour after training (which is usually around 2pm) , and am satisfied until dinner which is usually around 6:00. I also usually try and drink one before bed as well.
    My husband and I have tried a TON of different brands. We have found the best one (in taste and nutrients) is Optimum Nutrition brand 100% Whey Protein...we buy it at bodybuilding.com. The vanilla cream and strawberry banana are our favorites.

I use the same brand. LOVE it! My favorite is the cake batter flavor - goes with anything!
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I also drink mine with skim milk, and they are filling. I drink mine within half an hour after training (which is usually around 2pm) , and am satisfied until dinner which is usually around 6:00. I also usually try and drink one before bed as well.
    My husband and I have tried a TON of different brands. We have found the best one (in taste and nutrients) is Optimum Nutrition brand 100% Whey Protein...we buy it at bodybuilding.com. The vanilla cream and strawberry banana are our favorites.

I use the same brand. LOVE it! My favorite is the cake batter flavor - goes with anything!

Haven't tried that flavor yet....just bought a 5# "bucket", lol...so maybe on the next order!
  • lpalazzo95
    Options
    Depends on the type of protein shake. I use qivana's metaboliq shakes which do have enough protein to keep you full and they actually help correct your metabolism so you are burning calories after drinking it. Initally I was hungry about 2 1/2 hours after drinking it (for like the first 2 days) now it keeps me full for about 3 1/2 hours. I actually think it fills me up better then when I'm eating a meal but to each his own.