Replies

• Kath444
    Kath444 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congraulations I am very happy for you!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Great work to have the confidence to get the job done and then to get the job!!
    Nice work!!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congratulations! :happy:
  • applesauce610
    Options
    Way to go!!! What a great way to start your day and a major win on losing 7 stones. Good work :)
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options

I had an interview this morning, the first since I've lost almost 7 stones.

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I have a new found confidence, perhaps my appearance isn't so off-putting to prospective employers, I don't know, but.....

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!

As I understand it, 7 stones is a lot. (Ignorant American here too lazy to Google. lol) I will tell you as someone who has conducted interviews that confidence is key. Appearance isn't that important, but confidence IS. Congratulations on your new job AND your new confidence! You deserve both!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

I had an interview this morning, the first since I've lost almost 7 stones.

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I have a new found confidence, perhaps my appearance isn't so off-putting to prospective employers, I don't know, but.....

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!

As I understand it, 7 stones is a lot. (Ignorant American here too lazy to Google. lol) I will tell you as someone who has conducted interviews that confidence is key. Appearance isn't that important, but confidence IS. Congratulations on your new job AND your new confidence! You deserve both!

stones are about 14 lbs. I don't want to do the math as for what 7 stones = (though her tracker says 93lbs)
  • minnie_the_minx
    Options
    I've not had much luck in getting a job since I was laid off 2 years ago, and my weight suffered because I was so down.

The typical vicious circle - no work, boredom, low self-esteem, comfort eating, weight gain......

I've had a couple of interviews but never felt comfortable because I knew my appearance was so off-putting, and I could see peoples' expressions change as I walked into a room - needless to say, those interviews weren't successful.

are you in my head?! i'm totally with you on that one, my confidance is shot & feeling like a man when i wear a suit doesn't help :frown:

but MASSIVE well done to you, bet you are over the moon (as well as relieved), keep up the good work! :happy:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    LOL, for those of you who don't use stones and pounds, 7 stones = 98lbs, so I'm only 5lbs away from that, and may be a little closer when I weigh in on Thursday.

My confidence HAS increased since my weight has gone down - I always was a confident person, but sadly the combination of losing my job AND gaining shedloads of weight just totally annihilated me to the point where I almost hated to step out of the front door.

I still have to get rid of the picture in my head of a very obese lady - I know I still have a long way to go but even I can SEE a difference when I look in the mirror, although my stupid brain won't accept it!

For those of you just starting out, it is achievable, especially if you set yourself small targets rather than huge ones. For those of you well on the way (and those just starting heehee) ....... great work!!

PS - I've just signed up for the Race for Life, a 5k walk/run in aid of Cancer Research - I walked it 2 years ago, I want to attempt a little jog this time, but not promising anything!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Great news, Chatterbox! All the best to you.
  • avg1986
    avg1986 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mum, Im so proud of you (and the little happy dance you did in the carpark when you got that call!! Hehe)

you truly are an inspiration and i love you and dad so much, you both have done so much this last few years and as i said, Im so proud of you both and totally over the moon that you have this job!!! (even though i have lost my shopping buddy *sob* lol)

Love you loads, well done Xx

From your baby girl ;-) xxxxxx
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Love you too darling x x x
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That is definitely a major NSV. Congratulations! Good luck in all of your career goals!
  • lvictory23
    Options
    That is sooo awesome! Way to go :D
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Congrats. That is AWESOME!!!!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!