Getting fit = awful complexion!!

Options
2»

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I started using the clarasonic Mia in oct and noticed it taking a turn for the worse...

Sblair no unmake sense..I used to not wear any face make up but now that my skin looks worse I do!!! So it's a vicious cycle!!

I do work out in makeup..but since I only started working out more heavily I think it has more to do with the vitamins...or the protein!! Didn't think about being possibly allergic...

I forgot to add I drink apple cider vinegar shots daily mixed with water..

NEVER ever ever work out and/or sleep with make up on!!! That is the worst thing you can do and that's more then likely 100% why you are breaking out

While sleeping with makeup can be damaging because it doesn't allow your skin to properly breath during your rest, there are a lot worse things you can 'do' to your skin ... such as not maintain proper hydration, over-cleansing, and allowing sun damage.

Like I said, I have makeup on when I work out almost every day, and my skin still looks amazing and is improving with proper care and maintenance.
  • rasptorte
    Options
    I found my skin broke out terribly when I started working out. I was working out after work, so I had makeup on. I thought it might be the sweat and the makeup clogging my pores. Then I started washing my face before and after workouts and it got a lot worse! Turns out I was washing my face too much. Now. I only use a face cleanser in the morning and before bed, and if I need to wash in between at some point I stick to water. I think washing too often strips your skin of it's natural oils and then your skin starts to overproduce in order to compensate, your pores clog and you end up with acne. I'm not sure if this is it for you, but it could be worth a try. By the way, my skin is clear now, minus a monthly pimple or two once month;)
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I started using the clarasonic Mia in oct and noticed it taking a turn for the worse...

The clarisonic will break you up every time you start using it. I broke up for a bit and after a while my skin became pretty clear. I have no problems with the clarisonic anymore.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Sblair no unmake sense..I used to not wear any face make up but now that my skin looks worse I do!!! So it's a vicious cycle!!

I do work out in makeup..but since I only started working out more heavily I think it has more to do with the vitamins...or the protein!! Didn't think about being possibly allergic...

I forgot to add I drink apple cider vinegar shots daily mixed with water..

NEVER ever ever work out and/or sleep with make up on!!! That is the worst thing you can do and that's more then likely 100% why you are breaking out

While sleeping with makeup can be damaging because it doesn't allow your skin to properly breath during your rest, there are a lot worse things you can 'do' to your skin ... such as not maintain proper hydration, over-cleansing, and allowing sun damage.

Like I said, I have makeup on when I work out almost every day, and my skin still looks amazing and is improving with proper care and maintenance.

Well you're a rare breed because most people don't have perfect skin to begin with and clogging the pores with make up and than sweating on top of it is just damaging the skin. I have worked in the make up buisness for years and they always say do not work out or sleep with make up on
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone...

my skin was taking a turn for the worse BEFORE i started working out...and I was just eating cleaner and taking the supplements..

I am thinking it has to do with the vitamins and supplements but just dont know where to start as far as figuring out what!!!!

Plus I mostly work out on lunch so there is no time to cleanse or reapply make up... :( I use bare minerals...and I dont cake it on...

and as far as water consumption... i drink a minimum of about 200 oz of water a day ( and always have) so I am thinking hydration is definitely not the isse..and i do not drink sodas of any type.
  • JenAiMarres
    Options

The clarisonic will break you up every time you start using it. I broke up for a bit and after a while my skin became pretty clear. I have no problems with the clarisonic anymore.

been using it about 6 months!! plus i use catephil to wash and cetaphil to moisturize...very gentle...someone suggested MSM soap..anyone heard of it?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about hair products. Sweat on your hairline can trickle down. If your forehead is particularly bad, get rid of scented products.
  • MariaMariaM
    Options

been using it about 6 months!! plus i use catephil to wash and cetaphil to moisturize...very gentle...someone suggested MSM soap..anyone heard of it?

It is was clarisonic, then it should have been gone by now. I use the gentle brush and boscia/origins face wash.
    I agree with other ones that could be a reaction to something that you are taking.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have been loving the results I am getting since joining mfp (about a year ago) but my skin just keeps getting progressively worse...it's not what I would call acne..it's just bumpy and overall looks horrible...I have lots of red marks on my temples also..but they aren't actual zits you can pop or do anything about. plus I have the occasional cystic pimple that is really deep and u can't do much about those either!!

Does anyone else have the same experiences or know some solutions?

I take a multi vitamin, CLA, b-12, biotin, calcium, plus I have recently started consuming about 120 g of protein a day....

Biotin supplements cause my face to break out. Stop taking it for about a month and see if your face clears up. Also if you google it or check out you tube videos you will see other people complain about this side effect .
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have been loving the results I am getting since joining mfp (about a year ago) but my skin just keeps getting progressively worse...it's not what I would call acne..it's just bumpy and overall looks horrible...I have lots of red marks on my temples also..but they aren't actual zits you can pop or do anything about. plus I have the occasional cystic pimple that is really deep and u can't do much about those either!!

Does anyone else have the same experiences or know some solutions?

I take a multi vitamin, CLA, b-12, biotin, calcium, plus I have recently started consuming about 120 g of protein a day....

Biotin supplements cause my face to break out. Stop taking it for about a month and see if your face clears up. Also if you google it or check out you tube videos you will see other people complain about this side effect .

I agree with this......I took Biotin last year and my face broke out so bad that I decided to stop taking it. A few weeks went by without the Biotin and my face cleared up. Try a B-Complex supplement which has Biotin in it but not as much as the full dose of Biotin.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem when I was bigger and ate like crap my skin was clear as day never had problems at all, then since I got healthly I've got those red bumbs too on my chin and just recently I got a line of thsoe sore deep pimples on the side fo my face ugghhh not fair! I jsut put up with it wash my face more especialyl after working out and sweating alot
  • jamiehobson
    Options
    My skin is clear as a bell and never breaks out since I started eating healthy and working out. I do wash my face in the morning with L'Oreal for Men Pure Matte face scrub and again after the gym and at night use cleansing facial wipes either Simple or Asda own brand both do the trick.

My nephews have both been using Duac gel on their faces from the doctors which has worked wonders but have no idea if it works on 'bumps'.
  • JenAiMarres
    Options
    I think I am going to cut out the biotin and b-12...maybe I am getting altogether too much vitamin b...fingers crossed!
  • MariaMariaM
    Options
    I think I am going to cut out the biotin and b-12...maybe I am getting altogether too much vitamin b...fingers crossed!

Good luck!