Is there any point logging Strength Training

Options
What I mean is, is the only function of logging Strength Training into MFP just to keep a record of your progress?

By the looks of things it doesn't change any daily calorie count or change any required macros, does it?

Replies

• crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump. I'm curious on this too....
  • TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You can log under cardio ... search 'strength training' xx
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have no idea!

I log my strength workouts in the cardio section so that I can have an idea of the calories burned.

Never touched the strength section.
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also log my strength training under cardio as I do a circuit and trying to figure out which types I do under the other option and for how long is too time consuming.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I also log under cardio because I can just add the calories burned & see my progress that way.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    You can log under cardio ... search 'strength training' xx

this^^^^ If you mean to ask about tracking calories burned during strength training, then search under "Cardio" for "Strength Training"; it will give you a rough estimate.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    strength section is basically a notepad to compare and see if you improve reps/weights/rounds

though it lacks a compare option making it useless compared to many iOS/Android applications
  • albuslux
    Options
    It helps once you stop watching weight and start watching measurements. MFP may not be the best tool tool for body builders who are trying to add muscle mass. It's a really good tool for people trying to drop pounds. I agree that MFP works to track increases in sets and weight lifted. I don't log strength as cardio because it adds muscle which cancels fat burned. Not logging it keeps me from thinking I can eat more.