Ladies....what multivitamin do you take?

Options
Fitwam
Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
Hello Ladies...I am in search of a good multivitamin to take...
Probably lean toward the "time released" ones......
For some reason when I take my vitamins in the morning.....I get this real sick feeling in my stomach (like I am about to faint). Does anyone take them at night?

Replies

• ammiehill79
    ammiehill79 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I take the MNS 3 by Advocare. It has all the good vitamins and minerals that we as women typically lack in our diet. It also has a time released appetite control and energy supplement! I love them!!!!
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have taken them at night, but usually I try to take them with some food and that helps with tummy troubles. I usually take a generic women's vitamin (or several of my kids gummies), so I'll be interested to hear if there is one brand people love more than others.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I take Natures Way Alive Vitamins.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I take a raw whole food vitamin by Garden of Life called Vitamin Code for Women. You can order it online or find them at a good health food store.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I take the generic "One a Day" for women. Whatever store I happen to go into when I run out of them. And I have to take them after a meal or I will get sick.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I take Target Brand Prenatals! I'm still nursing. I take them at night right before bed... although, I take thyroid meds first thing in the morning and can't take anything with minerals in them within 4 hours of taken the thyroid meds... and if I had to take my vitamins at lunch everyday... I'd forget!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Most over the counter vitamin brands, regardless of price, are synthetic and contain impurities or additives.

Even 'health food' stores sometimes stock shelves with high-priced yet synthetic products.

Most people don't realize that your body can only absorb so much of things at a time and disposes of the rest. Another reason not to waste money on chemicals to flush down the toilet.

Plus when vitamins or minerals are isolated from food or synthesized in a lab, their co-factors are often removed, inhibiting their ability to effectively nourish your body.

While no supplement can compare to the benefits of eating whole foods, if you are going to supplement on a daily basis, you should seriously consider a raw, whole food nutrient formula.

You can read about the different brands here: http://www.bestmultivitamins.net/