motivation during a workout?

Options
I am wondering what everyone else does to motivate themselves during a workout. Sometimes I get to the point where I don't think I can go on, but I tell myself how proud I will be if I just finish this workout. I have a playlist on my ipod and when I get to where I don't think I can go anymore, I start singing! I mean belting out the songs, i'm usually missing more than half the words and thankfully cannot hear myself because I have the music turned up supper loud. and I will add a dance step during my cool down walk. this helps me keep going, what helps you?

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    ...a picture of Kate Beckinsale with me. I want to stay in shape, in case I meet her. ;)
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Whenever I run on my treadmill and its starts getting tough (like this morning's run), I have 2 plaques on my wall: 1 says "You are are the best personal trainer" and the other one says "Always do what you are afraid to do". As I am running I keep reading those plaques over and over again and that is what keeps me going aside from the music I listen to.

I know it might sound clique but I also play "Eye of the Tiger", yes I know....when Im halfway through my run and I just want to stop, I will play that song. Also "Mama Said Knock You Out" gets more going too.

When Im not running and Im doing a workout video or Im at the gym on a machine...I just think about where I was and how far Ive come. I think about how Ive gone through so much and doubted myself so many times and always managed to come out on top. When I think about that, it gets me through the workout.
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    I envision how I will feel once I am done with all this hard work. I definitely need music or sports televison. Mainly I just picture the benefits of what I am doing and I use that to push me past the point where I feel like quitting.