WORDS CAN BE MOTIVATING!!

Options
Way to Go! Good job! Awsome! you totally rock! I hear that people have challenges when these are left on posts. I don't understand why. Anytime you decide to leave a comment after someone posted their calories or logged their food you are doing that person a huge service.

Sure we would all love a poignant 3 paragraph letter everytime we post, but the reality is we are on the run that we barely get the time to stop on one page. Also depending on the number of friends we have we can spend 8 hours just leaving WTG! lol

But lets look at the flip side. Isn't SOME motivating words BETTER than none? Positive support helps us all even in the smallest form!

So to all of you out there in MFP land...WTG!, You're AWESOME and You TOTALLY rock! lol

Replies

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    awwww... thanks ceddy!!! you're awesome & you totally rock too!!! :drinker:
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    So true Ced! Sometimes we need friendly reminders. Great post!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! Anytime somebody takes even a few seconds to acknowledge your accomplishment makes you wanna go just that much harder the next day!

Thanks Ced! You already know you're awesome.....:flowerforyou:
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Super and yes, you rock, LOL! Words are beautiful and inspiring here on MFP! I chose to keep the motivation going! Thanks for sharing!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Truth as the words get repeated so much people often see them and wonder is that all you could say. I think its possible they can lose meaning over time but your reminder is excellent. We sometimes need to look beyond what was actually left -- whether it be "good burn, wtg, awesome, nice job, etc." as a comment and be grateful that someone cared enough to leave an encouraging word.

^5 <3 aka high five and love.
  • lashonda2376
    Options
    I agree. I'm so grateful that anyone cares to motivate me...to take the time to say wtg for the 200 calories I burned. It keeps a person going especially when you've had a busy day and that's all you could fit in.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I agree with Caljur - the fact that people are kind enough to take the time to leave a comment is good enough for me! I think we should all pay it forward and encourage each other! The key to my weight loss has really been my friends, their comments are what encourages me to go on!!

Thanks MFP peeps!!! muuaahh to all of u
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is so true. Sometimes when I want to throw in the towel, I just go back and read all my comments. I know people don't have time to sit and write something long but the fact that they wrote something means a lot. All my friends keep me going and I thank them for that.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    I agree!
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    very very true...thanks!
  • THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    THATS WUS UP BRO!!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Just the fact that someone takes the time to acknowledge another person is awesome. It's like saying "I noticed what you did and I think it's great", even if all you say is "Way to go".

So....Way to go!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am thankful that I get the WTGs and others. I know we all get busy and for me it is when I am having one of those days and I see a WTG or You Rock that pushes me forward.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Not all the time.

When you have a day when you want to quit, and you're so close, and you've been doing ok but you know you can do better, or you know you've been slacking and everyone starts leaving comments like...

it ok!
    youre still awesome!
    it doesnt matter!
    Youve come so far, its ok to take a break!
    Youre amazing!
    Youre incredible!
    I think you look perfect- you dont need to lose more weight!

all of these things sound supportive- but they are keeping you from saying to yourself something very important...

I KNOW that I can do more, should do more and ill do more... and I have been half-assing it and I know better.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes! This is so true. Once I posted on mfp diary that was having a hard time and a mfp friend said "hang in there" and somehow or another those little words just clicked for me and made all the difference. I have remembered that ever since.

I try to keep mfp friends down to a number I can actually keep track of and know who they are. That way I can monitor their progress and really get to know them and their goals. I try to comment as often as I can.

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done and this little words of encouragement matter.
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So true Big Ced! Those words have power, they can build you up!
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yesssss! I totally agree with this post. Encouragement is encouragement, no matter how it's worded!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Very true..
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So to all of you out there in MFP land...WTG!, You're AWESOME and You TOTALLY rock! lol
    [/quote]
  • ygrad2001
    Options
    Love this and very true!

You Rock also Ced!!