ideas for night time snacking

Options
Hi I need some ideas on what to eat at night for snacking. I am especially hungry around 1:00- 2:00 in the morning when I am up feeding the baby. i know it isn't a great time to be eating but if I am too hungry I can't go back to sleep. any ideas?

Replies

• TiffanyaeBrown
    Options
    Goldfish crackers are great because they're small and you can nibble on them. A serving is about 55 crackers and it's only 140 calories. Not too bad. I also like plain baked lays. My little one is VERY picky on foods so plain works well for me. The peanut butter sandwhich crackers? Austin and Keebler and I'm sure 100 others make them. They're not bad calorie wise either, but it is closer to like 200 for them I think. You get more protein that way though.

Don't forget your water. Might be a good idea to take a bottle of some kind back to where ever you nurse baby, just in case you knock it over you don't end up with a mess to clean up. :) If you don't care for water, try Crystal Light. No calories, mostly water - that'll do! :) Hth.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Snack on some veggies, like baby carrots, that way you aren't cutting the carrots up at 2 in the morning.

Also, in grocery stores I see those little cookie/cracker packages that are 100 calories a pack. Have a few of those on hand and have one pack while you are up with the baby.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    air popped popcorn
    raw veggies
  • msapril177
    msapril177 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I drink a decaf tea called "Detox Tea" from Arbonne. I think there are others that are sold in the grocery stores, but I like this one because it's all natural. Sometimes with a tiny bit of honey. Stops the munchies and cravings when all I want to do is stand in the pantry or fridge and pick at stuff. This was my biggest downfall when my kids went to bed...."sampling" time for mommy.

NO MORE! The tea works for me. :)

Good luck!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like to gnaw on a frozen Milky Way or a Bagel Thin with whipped cream cheese.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I prefer ice cream or greek yogurt. And it doesn't make a difference when you eat, just as long as you maintain a caloric deficit
  • cynlynn38
    cynlynn38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I was in the hospital after having my baby, my nurse used to leave me breakfast bars to snack on during those middle-of-the-night nursing sessions. The Nutrigrain fruit ones were good, and I believe the calorie count isn't bad.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I liek pretzels the 100 calrie packs and a wedge of laughing cow cheese :tongue:
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Milk for me helps.
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Animal crackers, graham crackers, and popsicles.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My thing is POPCORN!!!!:smile: I don't eat until later, like for dinner a lot as well.
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you try to drink a glass of water before bed then when you have to get up another glass should trick your brain into thinking your tummy is full enoug to go back to sleep. This has worked for me, I used to work at night so two or three I am hungry my body thinks it is Lunch time. I will be praying that you find a good way to get through the night.
  • oliviagaitan
    Options
    frozen grapes are great and you can always have them on hand. Also popcorn, just get plain kernles put in a paper bag and put in microwave for 2 mins. no oil or butter, you can have about 6 cups for only 110 cals!
  • slimshady64628
    Options
    sugar free jello is only 10 calories per serving! add sugar free cool whip for another 10 calories! yummy
  • slimshady64628
    Options
    frozen grapes are great and you can always have them on hand. Also popcorn, just get plain kernles put in a paper bag and put in microwave for 2 mins. no oil or butter, you can have about 6 cups for only 110 cals!

love the popcorn tip I didn't know you could do that.
  • healthymom76
    healthymom76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the tips I will definately be trying some of them!