No so sucky shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• gccadillac
    Options
    Myo Lean meal replacment shakes , Chocolate peanut butter cup, water and ice and blend.
    Pretty good for me
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to try all of these. I just want something more filling, which is why I use bananas (plus they are turning brown) but I'm tired of my shakes being not so tasty!

Slice those bananas before they turn brown and freeze them! You won't believe the difference in the consistency of your shake!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to try all of these. I just want something more filling, which is why I use bananas (plus they are turning brown) but I'm tired of my shakes being not so tasty!

have you tried freezing the banana. I had almost the same shake as you this morning but used a frozen banana and vanilla coconut milk for sweetness. the frozen banana adds a creamyness

edit to add i also added a serving of protein powder which makes it thicker and sweeter

I have, and the frozen banana takes DAYS to chop up in the blender. I'll freeze the ones I have left and try it tomorrow. I'm also going grocery shopping tonight to pick up lots of frozen fruits! lol
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love a good pumpkin smoothie - I use Almond Milk, vanilla protein powder, canned pumpkin, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger to taste + Ice of course. Mmmmmm.

I also love me a good Chocolate Banana smoothie. Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk, a banana, Chocolate Protein Powder, Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa, and stevia to sweeten to taste. And ice.

Berry smoothies with Vanilla Protein Powder and frozen berries of any variety

Mango Strawberries - Again with frozen fruit if fresh isn't available

Another one that I love is an egg nog smoothie with milk, a raw egg (yes, I know), vanilla extract, nutmeg and sugar, splenda or stevia to taste. Ice is good in this one too. YOu can add vanilla protein powder to it to boost the protein if desired.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I love a good pumpkin smoothie - I use Almond Milk, vanilla protein powder, canned pumpkin, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger to taste + Ice of course. Mmmmmm.

I also love me a good Chocolate Banana smoothie. Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk, a banana, Chocolate Protein Powder, Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa, and stevia to sweeten to taste. And ice.

Berry smoothies with Vanilla Protein Powder and frozen berries of any variety

Mango Strawberries - Again with frozen fruit if fresh isn't available

Another one that I love is an egg nog smoothie with milk, a raw egg (yes, I know), vanilla extract, nutmeg and sugar, splenda or stevia to taste. Ice is good in this one too. YOu can add vanilla protein powder to it to boost the protein if desired.

You had me until raw egg... can you taste it?
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 c orange juice or a whole orange (peeled), 1/2 c water, ice as needed ....like an orange creamscilce :)
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the body fortress cookies and cream chocolate. It's pretty sweet on it's own. I use a scoop of that... 4 oz of vanilla almond milk, 8oz of reg almond milk and half a cup of frozen strawberries and blend it together for my breakfast in the morning. It usually holds me over til lunch.

Because I am doing that - I have stopped eating my greek yogurt with the fruit in the morning to cut back on sugar.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 c orange juice or a whole orange (peeled), 1/2 c water, ice as needed ....like an orange creamscilce :)

BUMP! so trying this!
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My typical smoothie is whey protein, almond milk, honey, strawberries and flax seed. Pretty filling with some nuts as a snack.
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hope you enjoy it :) have a blessed day!
  • nabia2012
    Options
    If you like International coffees here is one that my best friend uses and she has lost over 40lbs. I taught it to her.

1 tsp of chai International Coffee sugar free
    1 scoop of vanilla protein (designer whey GNC or Vanilla Torte Nectar)
    4 oz of Soy Milk or Skim Milk
    4 oz of Water or Ice
    1 tbsp of Chia Seeds - keeps you full for 5 hours
    4 oz of Greek Plain/Vanilla Yogurt

if you want it stronger add extra tsp of Chai International Coffee powder.
  • nabia2012
    Options
    Incredible Hulk

4 oz of Naked Green Machine
    1/2 cup of Ice
    1 scoop of Vanilla or plain protein powder
    1 tbsp of Chia Seeds
    4 oz of plain yogurt.

Tastes like Fruity Milkshake -
  • twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options

This is awesome! I have done this before and it totally tastes like an orange creamsicle. And I LOVE creamsicles. I have to cut back on the OJ though as I didn't try it with 1/2 cup.
  • moopachoo
    moopachoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mmm, bump!
  • wooley005
    Options
    Herbal Life. I did it and lost 30 pounds in less than 3 months. Lost A LOT of inches and didnt even work out at all. Best shakes ever :)
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

have you tried freezing the banana. I had almost the same shake as you this morning but used a frozen banana and vanilla coconut milk for sweetness. the frozen banana adds a creamyness

edit to add i also added a serving of protein powder which makes it thicker and sweeter

I have, and the frozen banana takes DAYS to chop up in the blender. I'll freeze the ones I have left and try it tomorrow. I'm also going grocery shopping tonight to pick up lots of frozen fruits! lol

I smash mine up in a ziplock and flatten it in the freezer so it's frozen but not very thick. Before I toss them in the blender you can even break it up a bit just by bending the baggie.
    I make smoothies for my son with the frozen bananas, milk, and a squirt of chocolate syrup. I call it a Monkey Shake and he loves it. More of a treat than a meal though.
  • ErinEB77
    Options
    I actually have a large list of yummy/filling shakes my husband and I drink. I would be happy to send them to you. My husband is a fitness professional, so as you can imagine he needs something filling. He enjoys my vanilla protein powder, with a scoop of fiber,,Almond or rice milk, a packet of organic oatmeal, and 3/4 cup of frozen mixed berries, I use chocolate protein powder in mine. I also enjoy chocolate protein powder, almond milk, banana, and tablespoon of almond butter. These shakes fill me up and help me fill up faster at my next meal. :) Hope these help.
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Blueberries (Frozen - No Sugar Added) - 1/2 Cup
    Spectrum Essentials - Ground Premium Flax Seed With Mixed Berries, 1/2 tsp
    Avacado - 1/8 slice of avacado (frozen)
    Eas Advant Edge - 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla - 1 Scoop, 1 scoop (30g)
    Water - 8 oz or so...to desired thickness

Blend all together, keeping the Whey Protein til last (so it doesn't get over blended)

This is from The Hormone Diet Book - Super healthy for you...and you cannot taste the avocado...just rich blueberry, vanilla..yummy!