Polenta

Options
I just bought a tube in the pasta aisle
I have never tried it...
Anyone have any recipe ideas? Simple quick ones??

Replies

• STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I just bought a tube in the pasta aisle
    I have never tried it...
    Anyone have any recipe ideas? Simple quick ones??
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I don't know what that is! hehe :blushing:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    In our family we always fried it. Its basically just cornmeal.

I think the tube stuff you can slice, microwave, and then toss on a griddle for a few minutes to brown the edges and eat like so.
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Look up a polenta fries recipe. They are baked, the good ones are anyway, and they are AMAZING when seasoned correctly. You basically cut the tube in half and then into eighths and then bake them, the recipes are just the seasonings.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    i dice it and put it in a sauce pan with a cup or so of milk or chicken broth and kind of mash it...add in a little cheese and its good. really thick.

mmmm:love:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I love polenta! My favorite thing to do with it is to saute up some bell peppers, onions and sausage (I use light life italian style veggie sausage, but you can use any kind of italian style), throw in some chunky spagetti sauce, pour that over the sliced polenta, top with a little mozzerella cheese and bake it for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. It's one of my all time favorite dinners, and makes excellent leftovers for lunch the next day.
  • pogradecial
    Options
    this is a good idea
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love Polenta!

I will just buy it and slice it and season and grill or saute a bit and put a sauce on it like I would pasta.

You can use it to layer in a casserole type of dish too. Either Mexican or Italian.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!
    I am gonna try the Polenta Fry recipe....sounds yummy!!