Thank you to those who offered prayers and support

Options
First I want to say thank you for the prayers and support offered up for my daddy. It never even occured to me that he wouldn't get better...

Unfortunately the tests have come back positive for cancer. He is terminal, in stage four, and the type of cancer is not treatable by chemo or radiation. So even if it had been found sooner, it really wouldn't have made a difference. It started in his kidneys and has spread throu out his body to his stomach, lymphnodes and lungs inside and out. He has been given a timeline of about 18 months :brokenheart: :cry:

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    Options
    First I want to say thank you for the prayers and support offered up for my daddy. It never even occured to me that he wouldn't get better...

Unfortunately the tests have come back positive for cancer. He is terminal, in stage four, and the type of cancer is not treatable by chemo or radiation. So even if it had been found sooner, it really wouldn't have made a difference. It started in his kidneys and has spread throu out his body to his stomach, lymphnodes and lungs inside and out. He has been given a timeline of about 18 months :brokenheart: :cry:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sad to hear that, i'll keep him in my prayers, enjoy the time you have, lots of love from MG xoxo
  • xhanson
    xhanson Posts: 18
    Options
    Sorry!! We just went through that with my mother in law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    my father died 5 years ago---can't believe it has been that long---from kidney cancer.

You cannot change the course but this is s time that has been given to you to talk to each other---

I got a chance to tell my father how great a dad he was ---reminisce about childhood---he talked about his life and my kids got to say good bye----it is (I'm in tears) a very bittersweet time---but I still am thankful that I didn't get the "phonecall" to say he died suddenly--and then would never have been given this opportunity to tell him how much I loved him as a father.

I t also made me appreciate my friends and family a WHOLE lot more.

Hope you make this journey with some meaure of peace.

tt
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    praying for you all... Psalm 91
  • indianagranny
    Options
    You all will be in my prayers.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your news.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    We just went through a similar thing with Nick's dad. He was given a small amount of time to live and came very close to dying SEVERAL times but he battled with his cancers for 16 YEARS!! He had brain tumors, lymphoma, colon cancer and prostate cancer. It will be a year this May since he passed away but man, he was a fighter!! You never know how accurate those timelines are.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about that. Spend as much time as you can and make the next 18 months of memory happy ones.

I can't believe its been nine years since my mom passed away from Terminal Cancer. It was fast, we found out a month before she died. She had a urine infection that killed her before the cancer. She was sick for four months total.

IcePrincess kind off reminds me of one Great Uncle that had Leukimeia, we didn't know he had it until he was on his death bed. Four years and no one knew not even him. Kind off strange how sometimes its a silent killer and at other times its loud and vocal.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and support. He's a fighter and he's hoping against hope. My grandmother (his mother) was given 2 years when she had bone cancer and lived another 7 years. So I'm sure mamaw is in his thoughts during this time pressing him on.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooo sorry for you news!
    I lost my mom to cervical cancer last May, can't believe it will be a year next month.
    I agree with the other posters, take this time to cherish him! Tell him how much you love him each and every day!!! And let him do/have what ever he wants!!!! Make the most of the time he has left!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!!!

Memaw
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: