Counting Calories?

Options
Is counting calories enough? I've reduced the amount of calories I take in and the portion sizes. I've been trying to watch my sodium intake but that is almost impossible to keep as low as I'm wanting. What else can I be doing to increase my weight loss? I'm going to the gym monday - friday for an hour to 2 hrs at a time. I work a different area each day as to not over work the muscles or injure myself. I just dont see the difference yet. I'm roughly 20lbs down but I feel as if I havent lost anything! My biggest problem area is my stomach but I seem to be losing in my butt, legs, boobs and face. I'm sure it's all the nutritional part that I need help with. Any advice for someone starting out? Thanks!!!

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at this? How much do you have to lose? I think 20 pounds is awesome!!!
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Twenty pounds down is great! Go look back at some older pictures and do a comparison... I bet is is amazing the difference. Some people take longer to lose in certain areas. If you carry/gain most of your weight in the tummy it will probably be the last to go, but don't give up because it will go away! Maybe add some more ab exercises to tighten the tummy muscles and cardio to burn fat, but other than that, just be patient and focus on how far you have already come!
  • Jamiewoodle
    Jamiewoodle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Is your weight stuck or going up and down? You might want to do a thread search for the topic "Olivia Method." It has helped the scale start moving for me again.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Keep doing whatever you did to lose 20 lbs.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been trying since december to lose weight but didnt start hitting the gym till the last week or so in January. I do Zumba twice a week and kickboxing once a week and bootcamp once a week with strength training in between. (i did have a week off b/c i was sick) My sister who is on the left in my picture tells me she says she can see I'm going down. My husband on the other hand is being hard on me and acts like I havent accomplished anything and I think that his lack of support is whats bringing me down. BUT I'm not doing this for him I'm doing it for me!

I dont weigh in this week till tomorrow so I'm not sure but I'd LOVE to be out of the 240 range!! The scale I have at home - is always way off from the one at my doctors office and at the gym. by at least 7 lbs. My last weigh in I went from 247 to 241 so I'm really hoping to see the same results.

I can tell my endurance is building b/c I'm not as winded as I normally am when even going up and down our stairs at home.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I looked up the Olivia method and I'm going to give that a shot but when I did the math I currently have like 1500-2000 calories left over daily (due to exercise) It says I should only burn 445 a day but I burn way more than that in an hour at the gym.. Does that mean I'm going to the gym to much?