Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help! Mexican Resturant

So, I have a lunch date with an old friend. She picked the resturant and I didn't want to be a pain about it, plus its cheap and convienient for us both, so I know she put a lot of thought into it. But I don't know what to order to keep the cals down? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Schmiegelette
    Schmiegelette Posts: 15 Member
    Do they offer taco salad? My hubby likes to eat out so I usually order a taco salad, no cheese, substitute the beef for their vegetarian black beans (I'm vegatarian) and give the kids the shell. Though I'm a huge carb hound and have difficulty with the free chips & salsa. :)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,079 Member
    One chicken taco with no cheese is around 200 cals.
  • avoid the taco shells (equivalent to bread, all starch) and the ground beef, which is mostly fat. I would ask for chicken fajitas and eat the onions, peppers, chicken and beans with a fork (instead of using the tortillas and filling it up with rice and cheese!!) Guacamole is OK. Stay away from the sour cream too.:smile: