TOPS - Taking off Pounds Sensible

Options
I was wondering if anyone on here is also involved in the weight loss group TOPS? If so would you like to start at group on here for motivation during the week when not at meetings. Just a inquiry.

Tracy

Replies

• Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was crusing thru and found this. I am in TOPS here in Colorado. I would like to check in with other TOPS memebers also. I will send you a friend request Tracy.
    Best of Luck, Amanda
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Your Post about TOPS made me search in the internet & found a group near me. I plan to attend my first meeting this coming Thursday. Will let you know how that goes. How many pounds have you lost with TOPS?
  • kimark1
    kimark1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am TOPS member in Illinois. I joined last May about 2 weeks after I started MFP. I have lost approximately 25lbs with the help and support of my TOPS group. I am hoping to lose another 5 lbs or so and then comes the hard part of keeping them off!! I am currently a KOPS and I am contemplating changing my goal weight to 5lbs less than what I had on record. I am at the bottom of my leeway by about 1lb from my current goal weight. My fear is that it will be a struggle for me to maintain even if I reach that new goal weight. Any thoughts?
  • Amandanoralynn
    Options
    I lost 11.25 last year. Then I gained some back this winter, so I need to work at it.
    Kimark1, I understand your fear of trying to stay down to your weight goal. I figured, once I make it to mine. I would just stay there for awhile, but if I had tendencies to stay close to the bottom of the leeway, than I could lower it.
    Great job on your lose.
    Marilou: Did you get signed up? I hope you like it. Our group is just starting some inner competition against each other. We have three teams competeing against each other for the highest points by end of summer. I am hoping that gets me a bit more motivated.
  • marilou0511
    Options
    Marilou: Did you get signed up? I hope you like it. Our group is just starting some inner competition against each other. We have three teams competeing against each other for the highest points by end of summer. I am hoping that gets me a bit more motivated.
    I attended the free meeting at 2 places. Everyone is very welcoming and it is nice to be in a room with people trying to be healthy and lose weight. However, i seem to find more information in this MFP community boards. I just don't know for sure. Seems like the 30-minute meeting is too short. How has TOPS helped you? This question is open to anyone. Maybe your answer will help me decide.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Options
    The one thing I really like is showing up and being accountable to others. I think our meetings are too short also, we do take turns giving the program so that way we get different subjects cover that people are struggling with or what they have studied and learn thru their experiences. I am the contest leader so that there keeps me on my toes! I cannot afford the expensive meetings to join and TOPS is very affordable. You also get to pick your own meal plan, so if you are doing one and it is not clicking, you can pick another means of meal plans till you find what works.
    I have gotten to meet lots of neat women and formed some nice friendships.
    That is my reasons.... Smiles, Amanda
    I attended the free meeting at 2 places. Everyone is very welcoming and it is nice to be in a room with people trying to be healthy and lose weight. However, i seem to find more information in this MFP community boards. I just don't know for sure. Seems like the 30-minute meeting is too short. How has TOPS helped you? This question is open to anyone. Maybe your answer will help me decide.
  • marilou0511
    Options
    I joined TOPS last week (April 26) here in the northwest side of Chicago. It is a small group. There were only 5 of us last week and this week! And, yes, I like being accountable to others, not just to myself. Glad I joined.
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in a TOPS group here in Ontario...having to weigh in every week does make me think twice before I eat anything...especially in the days leading up to the weigh in.:laugh: If you are going to start an online TOPS support group I would love to be a part of that.
  • marilou0511
    Options
    I'm in a TOPS group here in Ontario...having to weigh in every week does make me think twice before I eat anything...especially in the days leading up to the weigh in.:laugh: If you are going to start an online TOPS support group I would love to be a part of that.
    When can I start online? I paid my dues 04/26/12. Am I supposed to get a membership number in the mail so I can log online? My group leaders are of a certain generation and not really computer savvy. Come to think of it, no one has talked about online TOPS!:smile:
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When can I start online? I paid my dues 04/26/12. Am I supposed to get a membership number in the mail so I can log online? My group leaders are of a certain generation and not really computer savvy. Come to think of it, no one has talked about online TOPS!:smile:

They should email you shortly (I think it took 2-3 weeks for head office to email me my membership number)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am a member of TOPS in central Illinois. I have lost 34 lbs. since joining. My name is Kimberlee, 48. I would be interested in joining a group. Our TOPS meets weekly, but the support is always welcome. Feel free to add me.
  • ggof21
    ggof21 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,.... I'm the leader in tiny town in Oregon.... I've been leader for probably 6 years... we have between 14-19 who attend.
    2 Kops.. My chapter is very supporting of which weight loss plan the individual chooses. We have a program each week... The meeting lasts about an hour. We discuss what challenges did you have this week? How did you handle them?

Like the Biggest Loser, which I am a fan of.... this year is the no excuses year... When they have a lousy week, and they do,
    we try to address what would have helped. Some like to use the meeting as a social club. :grumble:

My highest was 258... then after losing 30 pounds on my own, weighed in to Tops at 228... and am at 193 at the moment... I was lower but put 20 pounds back on and am taking them off...

I was given this website, and I love the way I can keep myself accountable. The ease of keeping track of the food is so much
    easier than paper and pencil... I started tracking this past Tuesday, so ... not a whole week has passed yet. I'm very curious to
    see what Tues. morning says... i have gone over my 1200 by 10 calories one day... Really hope this is the answer to keeping
    good records. I also like you can print out the whole day. I start a notebook, to track my record.

Thanks for welcoming me.... Ev
  • PeggySue101
    PeggySue101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do TOPS, In Indiana, Joined January 2011 and lost 63 pounds last year, But since December I've been up and down the same 5 pounds. Hoping MFP will help me get over this hump so I lose my last 12 and become a KOPS soon. :smile: :smile:
  • thatTOPSlady
    thatTOPSlady Posts: 199
    Options
    I would be interested in this. Did a group ever form? I'm a TOPS leader... Amy Curtis, leader of OK 708, Duncan https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001894154920
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Be sure to check out the group here on MFP! :bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1929-tops-taking-off-pounds-sensibly