Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eyelid twitching

msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Ok, I'm hoping I'm not the only one here.... anyone else have their eyelid start twitching during or after physical exertion? Usually it starts when I am doing my cooldown, and its only my left eyelid. Maybe there's a vein near there that is putting pressure on a nerve or something?? Its just one of those odd things I noticed. Kinda like when I do bench presses my legs quiver, shake, and bounce up and down, despite them having nothing to do with lifting.

Bodies are weird! :laugh:

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Ok, I'm hoping I'm not the only one here.... anyone else have their eyelid start twitching during or after physical exertion? Usually it starts when I am doing my cooldown, and its only my left eyelid. Maybe there's a vein near there that is putting pressure on a nerve or something?? Its just one of those odd things I noticed. Kinda like when I do bench presses my legs quiver, shake, and bounce up and down, despite them having nothing to do with lifting.

Bodies are weird! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    are they ever! I had severe pain in my shoulder. Shoulder injury, right? WRONG, pinched nerve in my neck!!

And I have had the eyetwitch thing happen. usually when I am biting my tounge!!:laugh:
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    My left eyelid has twitched for the last three years. It happens though from time to time regardless of what I do or don't do. :ohwell:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    :noway: glad Im not the only one
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    My doctor said that eyes twitch for two reasons stress and too much caffeine. So, I guess all of our eyes should twitch.:bigsmile: :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    how about stressing about caffeine??:laugh:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    My superstition says that an upper eye twitch means your going to see someone you haven't seen in a long time and a lower eye twitch means you are going to cry.
  • Eyelid twitching can be a calcium/magnesium deficency! I get it especially when I am pregnant! Drink some milk or take a cal/mag supplement! It will go away:::smile:
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    In my anatomy class, we talked about muscle twitches being related to dehydration, but I'm not so sure I buy that. I've experienced it when there's absolutely no way that I'm dehydrated! Weird, weird, weird...
  • Astrogirl
    Astrogirl Posts: 18
    I had an eye twitch of and on for about 6 months straight and then it just stopped. This was before any dieting or exercise...although I was drinking 2 -3 cans of Pepsi a day so there may be something to the "too much caffeine" theory :)
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    I have heard that eyelid twitching is caused by a lack of sleep. :yawn:
    After looking at everyone's replies, it looks like it could be anything!!
    If you figure it out, let's us know!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    My superstition says that an upper eye twitch means your going to see someone you haven't seen in a long time and a lower eye twitch means you are going to cry.

my eyes are even...no upper or lower..just even

what if they both twitch at the same time?
  • Dave198lbs
    I just checked my sources on the internet

the number one cause of out of control eye twitching is none other than

COOL WHIP....even in moderation....it is COOL WHIP folks

read it and weep
    ( if you can weep while the twitching is going on)

amazing what can be found on the internet
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I just checked my sources on the internet

the number one cause of out of control eye twitching is none other than

COOL WHIP....even in moderation....it is COOL WHIP folks

read it and weep
    ( if you can weep while the twitching is going on)

amazing what can be found on the internet

You kill me. :laugh:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    I heard sex improves it...
  • Dave198lbs

improves Cool Whip?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member

improves Cool Whip?

that is correct
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member

improves Cool Whip?

Sure DOES!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I guess if not ingested, Cool Whip could be useful! :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    I guess if not ingested, Cool Whip could be useful! :laugh:

for Gawd.s sake dont get Cool Whip in a twitching eye......too horrible to discuss