Started the 17 day diet, anyone else out there doing it?

Options
2»

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    17 day diet? Fast weight loss? I smell a "You'll gain it all back & more" diet.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I don't do "diets". I make lifestyle changes.

Yes :D
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My co-worker recommended this website to me: http://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/527-17-Day-Diet-Recipes
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't do "diets". I make lifestyle changes.

Amen!
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    nt man to burst any bubbles.. but a good friend of mine did this, just a month ago. Lost 18 lbs in her 17 days... stopped for a week, but still ate healthy.. and gained 12 of it back! Be aware, its not a forever fix, unless you plan to eat like that forever! And shes not the only one i have heard that from.. several MFP members have stated the same. Good Luck to you though!
  • skkb326
    skkb326 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have read the book and have tried some of the recipes in it. I like some of what is offered in this plan but it is a DIET plan. Lifestyle change is better which is what I am trying to do. :) The recipe for the soup in the 17 Day Diet Book is very good, in fact I make it often! Lots of veggies and chicken.... great to make a large amount and take it for my lunch to work.

Best wishes to you. :)
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    bump
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I do it (though off & on) and it works and is completly healthy. I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks from following it. It will clean your body out and get rid of the bad carb cravings. The carbs you eat are the healthy ones. Its a great jumpstart & will get you through plateaus. I admit I dont follow it 100% because you learn what you & your body likes & what works for you. There is a 17dd group on mfp too...its great!
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It is a lifestyle change...read the book before you make accusations. It trains your body to not crave bad carbs (refined sugars) & use the good ones. Whats unhealthy about that?
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    I agree with the person who said you need to read it before you judge it!! I have suffered from almost daily headaches since I was 8!! Since I have started this, I havent had a single headache!! I have not once craved a carb or a sweet! As a matter of fact, I had to take someone to a donut shop yesterday (I LOVE DONUTS) and the smell alone made me nauseous!! Ive always been good about staying in my calories, but never liked "diets" because I want to eat whatever I want (even the unhealthy things)!! Im amazed, im sleeping better, waking up with TONS of energy, no headaches, and not craving food. Every person is different, so different things work for different people. My bff is doing this with me, she actually talked me into doing it with her, and she isnt liking it as much as I am. She misses her red meats, where I didnt eat red meat to begin with. Honestly, I didnt weigh my self before I started this, so I have no clue if Ive lost a single lb!! And I could care less if I do. I want to eat healthier (so yes it is a lifestyle change) and feel better...AND I DO!!

Erin
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    There are certain people on MFP who clearly are of the opinion that their way, and their way only, is the right way. It's pointless discussing a subject such as 17DD with them, or pointing out that they're essentially spreading misinformation because they refuse to inform themselves before they start preaching. Just ignore them. Life's too short! :wink:

Meanwhile I get on being happy with the 17DD lifestyle change--absolutely agree with what was said above: I'm a carb addict and I know it. Almost from the moment I started on the 17DD those cravings were gone. I'm also losing, which is nothing short of sensational in light of the fact that I'm perimenopausal and hypothyroid.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This isn't a diet - it is a lifestyle change. I have been doing it for 4 months and cometely changed my way of eating. I have list 60 pounds and never felt better. I was a sugar addict and never crave it and have no desire to binge or even have a single cookie. It is working well for me. I am healthier and weigh less than I have In almost 18 years.