is stevia better than splenda

giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
i am really confused on what sugar substitutes to use what are the benefits of each

Replies

• Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    stay away from the ones that have ingredients that end in 'ose those are still sugars.
  • So, which is best to use: stevia or splenda??
  • Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    i say stevia or truvia
  • phlpsfamily01
    phlpsfamily01 Posts: 8 Member
    Stevia!
  • stevia is an all natural sweetener, it has not artificial anything and no chemicals. I used Krisda, these are the ingredients in it:

Inulin (chicory root), erythritol, stevia leaf extract, natural flavor.

I did research on each of these ingredients before I purchased it, because Walmart sales their own brand of stevia and it has a chemical in it, not sure what is it called know.

anyways, Krisda has 0 everyhing and takes great.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Use 100 % Stevia.. Dont use truvia.. its has other things in it as well.. I buy 100% stevia from Trader joes.. or Stevia in the Raw is sold in alot of places..
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Stevia is better because it is grown from a plant. But I do use splenda too. A lot of people say not to use it though.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Stevia tastes like feet!
  • Stevia in the Raw is FANTASTIC!!!! Splenda is a chemical made by a company that also makes carpet. No thank you! Stevia is a natural plant derived sweetener. You can't go wrong as long as like the other posts say, watch which one you buy!
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Stevia is better. Just be carefull with it. People tend to over-do with all sweeteners. Stevia has been known to cause sharp drops in blood-sugar levels causing dizziness and fainting.