Alternative to Atkins

Options
Now that I'm losing weight and getting in shape, my husband has finally decided to lose some lbs. The problem is the only diet he will even consider is Atkins. And not the "new" Atkins that promotes healthy fats and more carbs. He does the 6 pieces of bacon and 3 eggs for breakfast/vodka and diet soda/2 steaks for dinner Atkins. He's done this so many times and loses 20 pounds quickly and then puts it all back on again plus more.

Are there any diets that anyone would recommend that are easy to follow? He won't calorie count.

Replies

• Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would recommend clean eating diet by tosca reno, It is not a diet but a healthy way to eat. you keep the weight off.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks! He might actually do it.
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    Maybe check out South Beach. It cuts out the sugars and grain/starchy carbs, and you don't have to calorie count, so he may like that aspect of it. It puts more emphasis on lean meats and getting enough vegetables, and it works you through progressively less strict stages, so you end up at a point that you can really maintain long-term, though.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Recabec
    Options
    I like South Beach too...my husband is the same way and has lost over 100 pounds several times. They want to be able to bing...that's why they like Atkins. If you can find veggies and maybe some sort of dip that's not super high in fat (or sugars b/c it's low-fat) then that is a good alternative.