Thank you in advance for letting me vent...

Options
So I have been really good about trying to make good food decisions. Generally my husband is pretty supportive, but tonight he wanted Dairy Queen. I declined because I didnt have calories left for it and I really wasnt that hungry. He threw a fit saying he wouldnt just go for himself and that he has to eat all my 'healthy s**t' all the time. I told him just to go, but he wouldnt. I suggested then he get a Skinny Cow Icecream bar. He scoffed and replied, "What is that for, cows with eating disorders?"

I have battled bulimia for 12 years. He knows this. I have had a hard week of avoiding a relapse, but so far so good. Weight loss is hard enough without a distorted body image, but I am determined to do this the healthy way and make it last. Hence this post, instead of letting it consume me and binging. Im just getting it out and letting it go.

Thanks again for listening :) I appreciate your support and encouragement!

Replies

• emilianawest
    Options
    So I have been really good about trying to make good food decisions. Generally my husband is pretty supportive, but tonight he wanted Dairy Queen. I declined because I didnt have calories left for it and I really wasnt that hungry. He threw a fit saying he wouldnt just go for himself and that he has to eat all my 'healthy s**t' all the time. I told him just to go, but he wouldnt. I suggested then he get a Skinny Cow Icecream bar. He scoffed and replied, "What is that for, cows with eating disorders?"

I have battled bulimia for 12 years. He knows this. I have had a hard week of avoiding a relapse, but so far so good. Weight loss is hard enough without a distorted body image, but I am determined to do this the healthy way and make it last. Hence this post, instead of letting it consume me and binging. Im just getting it out and letting it go.

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
    :flowerforyou:
    Get it out here.
    :grumble:
    We'll be happy to listen.
    :wink:
    Let 'er fly!
    :heart:
    We're here for you!
    :heart:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    He'll stop making those comments after the healthy weight loss shows, and you can just laugh it off.

In the meantime, enjoy feeling superior to him :wink:
  • car34jojo
    car34jojo Posts: 29
    Options

• car34jojo
    car34jojo Posts: 29
    Options
    Good for you!!!! I get so tired of making different meals. I just want to scream! You are doing it the right, smart and healthly way. Sometimes our spouses/friends/family don't like changes even when it is good for us. Keep strong and keep writing instead of eating. It helps. Jo
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Just curious but is your husband over weight?
  • emilianawest
    Options
    Definitely!!! :bigsmile:
  • emilianawest
    Options

No...he can eat all day and not gain an ounce...
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

No...he can eat all day and not gain an ounce...
    Eventually though it will catch up to him.