The Best and Worst Sushi for Weight Loss

Options
13»

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I do start with miso and edamame so that I don't totally overdo it, because I do like the tempura roll and the cali roll. I don't like the sashimi as much as the fun rolls.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    The best sushi is what you love and will make you feel satisfied and happy.

I adore sushi, but I don't have it very often. When I do, it's a treat. I'm not going to waste a treat on choosing something lower cal or fat that I might not enjoy as much.
    I am on the other side of the spectrum:
    Sushi is my go-to when I am feeling like a meal out. I eat it sometimes 2 or 3 or even 4 times a week. BUT, I DO stick with as many non-maki entrees and rely on sashimi's and tataki's and cucumber wrappers instead of rice if possible for the main part of my meal ... If only I could stay away from the shumai. :noway:
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I am doing a great job in choosing healthy options for sushi before reading this. I had Miso Soup as an appetizer, had salmon and tuna rolls and used the low soy sauce. A little ginger and wasabi as well to go along.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    now I'm hungry.. and craving sushi.... I :heart: sushi.

Yep this topic did the same to me!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KeishaK89
    Options
    what a great post!
  • Bheller234
    Options
    I love going out to the Hibachi bar close to me that i now actually work at. When i eat there i usually get sweet potato rolls and sometimes peanut avocado rolls, not a big fish fan! But I always order a bowl of clear soup with my rolls. Amazing! Always always always use both the wasabi and the ginger, they give it the best flavor!

I love this guide for sushi...will definitely be referencing it when my friends and i go out for sushi!!! :smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's says the California Roll is 200 calories per roll.. This made me cry.

Roll isn't per piece. Each roll is about 8 pieces.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    It's says the California Roll is 200 calories per roll.. This made me cry.

Roll isn't per piece. Each roll is about 8 pieces.

Holy ****.. I love you. :)
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hold up wait a minute.......it says nothing about the 2-3 large Kirin lights and bottle of unfiltered sake my husband and I put down at sushi. They must be ok.
  • ronadams52
    ronadams52 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @dbiddle69 My older brother was in the Marine's and married a lady from Okinawa. When you mentioned yakisoba I then remembered it was one of my favorite things that she would make us. Thanks for reminding me of great times.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I generally eat sushi at least once a week and I pretty much follow the guidelines that the OP posted. I happen to love nigiri and a salmon roll, so it's fairly healthy. And I really enjoy it!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Great post!!