hit my target weight. now what...?

Options
Lost the 35 lbs I wanted to lose, now what do I do? I went to the gym this morning and had no drive. I was so bored I quit in the middle of my routine. I have never quit before. Should I cut back on my gym visits which was 5 days per week to 3 week? Should I substitute the gym for biking, swimming, etc?

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    3 times a week and mixing it up would be good.
    Be careful to not stop tracking your food.
    After I reached my goal weight I wasnt so strict and ended up gaining weight. Now I can not get this 5lbs off.
    I have decided to workout to get more tone and fit. So I am still working out everyday but would love one day to go down to 3 times a week.
    Good luck
  • Mike3851
    Mike3851 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try something more social. Everyone avoids eye contact at the gym and that isolation can be wearing. Now that you are in better shape try getting your exercise in some group outings. Meetup.com has loads of groups for this sort of thing. Just look up biking or hiking or something like that. Travel is also a lot more fun once you shed a lot of the weight. You don't feel like you are being mocked and you fit better into public transport. You can take inexpensive trips that involve a lot physical exercise.
  • sandybeachez
    sandybeachez Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you start easing off , the cardio and git weights more. It is amazing what weights do for your shape, toning and self esteem. I have watched my body shape change, because of lifting. And NO, you will not bilk up like a man.

Give it a try, you will not be disappointed, warm up with 10 minute cardio then weights for your routine. Or try an outdoor bootcamp, train for a warrior dash, mud run, or even a 5k.

But dont stop excercising. Just try something you have not done, even kettleball, or bosu, hot yoga. Yoga is good for sculpting and definition too.
  • renu74
    renu74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Go get the 6-pack, do weights, do more than what you wanted to do. This is your chance to look the way you never looked before. Great job reaching your goal! Keep it going, don't give up now, get fitter. Good luck!
  • EMSNJOEY
    Options
    Set a new goal! Be it running a mile in a certain amount of time or benching/squatting a certain level of weight for a set amount of reps. Don't quit, just strive for something new!

Great job reaching your FIRST goal!
  • skunkman62
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions. I'll give them a try. As far as my diet, I know I won't be drinking sodas or taking an extra slice of pizza. I really do enjoy eating healthy.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Set a new goal! Be it running a mile in a certain amount of time or benching/squatting a certain level of weight for a set amount of reps. Don't quit, just strive for something new!

Great job reaching your FIRST goal!

Personally I think this is the key!!! You have not acheived everything you have set out for, only the fist goal of many. Pick a new thing to aim for - and go get it tiger! =D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!