Elizabeth Olsen...LOVE her!!!

Options
CADreaming09
CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
So I heard of her awhile ago because she looked so much like her twin sisters, Mary Kate and Ashley. But I never seen any of her movies until this weekend.
Martha Marcy May Marlene (unnecessarily long name) is a really great movie!!! I admit that it is disturbing, but most movies that show an actor's raw talent usually is.
She is superb in it and I couldn't stop watching her!!! She is poised and lovely.
Just wondering if she's anyone else's new favorite as well :)

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    How old is that movie? And what is it about?

Maybe I'll get a movie this weekend!
  • CADreaming09
    Options
    I believe it came out in 2011. Not too old.

It is about a girl who was in a cult like 'family' and she leaves and tries to adjust to normal life. She does such an extraordinary job. It's not for kids though. It's an independent film, some people don't like these types of films, but I usually find these to be pretty good.

I also want to see her new movie, Silent House, I've read that 'she does it again' in this movie. I think she is going to be great. And I love that she isn't tiny like her sisters, for some reason LOL...
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Agreed:) She is an amazing actress! Just watched Martha Marcy May Marlene and it was really disturbing (although not in a gory typical horror movie way) in a "get under your skin, mentally disturbing way". She was fantastic in it though, and I was completely enthralled by her acting.
  • CADreaming09
    Options
    Agreed:) She is an amazing actress! Just watched Martha Marcy May Marlene and it was really disturbing (although not in a gory typical horror movie way) in a "get under your skin, mentally disturbing way". She was fantastic in it though, and I was completely enthralled by her acting.

Exactly!!! I didn't want to say 'disturbing' because I thought it was portraying the wrong message, because when I hear disturbing, I think of Saw or Hostile.
    I was too!!! I read that she wanted to set herself a part from her sisters and she definitely accomplished that!!!