Sex??

Options
:blushing: Im not sure what everyone thinks on this, :blushing: But as we all know ,as we loose more weight and become fitter, our libido increases and we flourish into beautiful sexual beings..

Personally, i think it should be listed in the excercise section of MFP, even if it is light, moderate, rigerous effort as we can all burn and tone as well as being intimate at the same time.

Maytbe im just not looking in the right place, but i cant find it listed anywhere, and its a shame to loose out on the extra cals being burned!:blushing: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile:

Replies

• missyt78
    missyt78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Im not sure what everyone thinks on this, :blushing: But as we all know ,as we loose more weight and become fitter, our libido increases and we flourish into beautiful sexual beings..

Personally, i think it should be listed in the excercise section of MFP, even if it is light, moderate, rigerous effort as we can all burn and tone as well as being intimate at the same time.

Maytbe im just not looking in the right place, but i cant find it listed anywhere, and its a shame to loose out on the extra cals being burned!:blushing: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just made a "General" catagory for mine....that way if someone sees it they won't think anything of it :blushing:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    You can add in your own exercises...and you can make one for this...alot of websites will give you a basic calorie count, unless you want to wear your 'HRM...hehehe:blushing: :laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Maybe they were afraid people would eat those calories, lol.
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Maybe they were afraid people would eat those calories, lol.

and that might involve licking chocolate off your partner's body and i'm not sure you will even burn enough calories to make up for it :laugh:
  • Kate01
    Kate01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Misst78,

I asked the same question only a few weeks ago..... as I wanted to know how much calories was being burned... depending of course upon the level of physical activity, he he

It would be great if there was option to choose....... as I've no idea how to calculate the calories!!

:wink:
  • meganlkp
    meganlkp Posts: 41
    Options
    Have a look at this:

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

what you could do is use a General excercise entry and work out the minutes to meet the calories the other site says you have burned?? (if that makes sense....example

if it says you burn 50 calories in 10 minutes....use MFP's General excercise and it might be that it says you burned 50 calories in 15 minutes instead...keep changing the minutes until it is about right....thats what I would do. It is not exactly accurate way of working it out but it is worth a shot :)

and also look at:
    www.caloriesperhour.com

Click on Activities calculator in the body of the text, select Activity Calculator from the list, select S from alphabetical list....and compare calories burned with the other site i listed.

x x
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    in general, sex does not burn that much. Of course, there are instances where you go at it for hours, work up an enormous sweat and your muscles ache afterwards, but if you're anything like me, those times are rare. I wouldn't log sex, and I certainly would be eating any calories back that I have burned doing it. I only count the things I purposely do for exercise. SO unless you are having sex FOR EXERCISE- which seems unlikely and kind of rude towards your partner, lol, then I don't think its neccessary to log it.

sex is fun, just enjoy it, don't worry about the calories.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    in general, sex does not burn that much. Of course, there are instances where you go at it for hours, work up an enormous sweat and your muscles ache afterwards, but if you're anything like me, those times are rare. I wouldn't log sex, and I certainly would be eating any calories back that I have burned doing it. I only count the things I purposely do for exercise. SO unless you are having sex FOR EXERCISE- which seems unlikely and kind of rude towards your partner, lol, then I don't think its neccessary to log it.

seriously-- unless you wear your heart rate monitor, who knows how many calories you burn-- who cares? It's "love making," remember? Don't worry about the calories and just enjoy.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing because a lot of times its very physical. When I looked it up, it's a good little amount of calories so I think that's a great question.

http://calorielab.com/news/2008/02/12/calories-burned-during-sex/

There's a lot of information on that.....just google calories burned during sex.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

seriously-- unless you wear your heart rate monitor, who knows how many calories you burn-- who cares? It's "love making," remember? Don't worry about the calories and just enjoy.

There is a sexy hot mama look, big ugly black band around my chest with a big Timex symbol directly between the girls ...:laugh: I agree, if you are thinking about calories burned during that,,,ahem....activity, you are thinking too much! Though, if I infomed hubby that sex was a new form of exercise and I needed to "work out" daily, don't think he is going to be all that offended!:laugh:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I just consider it "bonus" calories burned. Don't get me wrong - I'm normally ALL about logging everything. But sex seems kind of "untouchable" - it shouldn't be logged, it should be counted. I think sex goes into your accounting for your "lifestyle". Does it burn calories? Sure! So does doing laundry, playing with your kids, etc... are you thinking about the calories you're burning then?

I do have this image of "after" though.... *sonjavon sits up, takes a swig of water, smacks husband on the butt and says, "good workout - hit the shower, while I go log these calories burned...". Husband stares confusedly and says, "We used to smoke a cigarette after....".*
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I just consider it "bonus" calories burned. Don't get me wrong - I'm normally ALL about logging everything. But sex seems kind of "untouchable" - it shouldn't be logged, it should be counted. I think sex goes into your accounting for your "lifestyle". Does it burn calories? Sure! So does doing laundry, playing with your kids, etc... are you thinking about the calories you're burning then?

I do have this image of "after" though.... *sonjavon sits up, takes a swig of water, smacks husband on the butt and says, "good workout - hit the shower, while I go log these calories burned...". Husband stares confusedly and says, "We used to smoke a cigarette after....".*

:laugh: Too funny!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    it's always so much fun when this topic about the sex calories is brought up again :laugh:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    it's always so much fun when this topic about the sex calories is brought up again :laugh:

and again, and again.... lol! It just shows that eventually we all have the same thoughts...
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who have said to enjoy it and not count it. You don't burn enough to worry about having to eat them back.
    I also agree with Kerri on only logging purposeful exercise. I do not log cleaning, gardening, mowing the lawn, snow shoveling......
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options

I agree, relax... enjoy... No greater turn off then reading on your partners face, "I wonder how many calories I'm burning in this position." OR actually verbalizing it, unless you've got an EXTREMELY supportive husband who's not gonna have their ego shattered. It's kind of like saying mid activity, "Did you mail the bills?" :huh:
  • Kate01
    Kate01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the gr8 responses....... Iol!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

yeah, this topic came up a few weeks ago (maybe it was a month)... anyway, the general consensus from the web was that only in the rare case when you are really going hard core are there any significant calories burned.

It was equivalent to sprinting up a single flight of stairs. :tongue: Enjoy.