About to give up! Started 2 weeks ago and have lost ZERO pou

Options
1235»

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    its been only 2 weeks. Others will tell you that it takes about 4-6 weeks (average) for there to be results. Have you checked your measurements? Maybe what you're eating is sabotaging you and you don't know it.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    All I can give you is what's working for me and my wife. We stick to our original allowable calories, whether we work out or not. And we underestimate our calories burned. As far as food is concerned I have noticed that your sodium level is consistently high, I would get rid of the Jamie Oliver salt curry. And if we are guessing we always guess higher than we think on the calorie scale.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm goign to say, eliminate the steak fajita's....way to many calories to be eating everyday. Save that for once a week. And where are your veggies? Seeing very little on that. Try and keep your carbs under 100 a day, increase your protein and veggies. I have a sure fire way for you to lose 15-25 pounds on a 21 day detox diet. If your interested message me and I'll share. It's hard, but I only did it for 7 days and lost 10 pounds. It was a great jump start to my goal weight, and I'm keeping it off and slowly losing more weight.

Do give up, you have to give your body a chance to deal with the changes.

Totally agree. Also, in the last two days you've been eating a ton of sodium. Sodium causes your body to retain water, which may be the reason why you're not losing. MFP suggests 2500 mg of sodium a day, which is high already. Yesterday you had over 3000 mg. Limit your sodium intake to 1500 mg a day (your body actually needs about 1300 mg to function). This will be easier if you cut the the store/restaurant bought fast foods and eat fresh veggies, fruit, and protein instead.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You can do it, don't give it. Like I had posted before give it some more time. =3 :heart:
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    2 weeks is nothing hun! And u shouldn't feel starving, that means u need to up ur calories a little more!! :) Then u will speed up ur weight loss!!