About how many calories burned?

Options
Now granted I know you can't tell without a heart rate monitor...but just some background I'm 5'3" and 218 (19lbs away from onederland!)

Last night I did a small 10 minute routine. It consisted of this..

100 jumping jacks, 100 crunchs, 100 flutter kicks, 25 moutain climbers, 25 left side leg lifts, 25 right side leg lifts, and 25 push ups.

I logged it as circuit training and was told I burn around 132 calories...do you think this is pretty accurate?

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Depends on the effort. I tend to try and err on the side of more conservative, or at least don't eat back all exercise calories, in case MFP is over estimating.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    It sounds pretty close. I can do an hour of strength training and two different calculations will tell me my burn is about 300 calories. Sometimes I'll get on an elliptical for 16 minutes just to add another 250 calories. I look at exercise as only bonus calories burned. I am not one to eat them back but rather make sure the calories I do eat have high nutrient value like vegtables and protein. If you are hoping to add to your allowance for calories to eat, I'd suggest you do not until you get to your goal range. The exercise you mentioned sounds like a good start. Keep up the good work.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'd say with all you did, and the time you did it in, circuit training is a good place to log the activity. And the calories sound pretty close.

When I do a moderate pace on the elliptical, according to the machine I'm burning 100 calories about every 6.5 minutes.