Venting\Help!

Options
Lately I have not been able to loose any more weight. I stay exactly where I have been for the past 3 weeks. I have been excercising more and I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I am so close to my goal (only 5 more pounds to go), it is getting very frustrating. I have also been getting very bored with my diet. I am in my last quarter of school so I am constantly on rotation and in my car driving. I have been eating the same things because it is hard coming up with breakfast and lunch that can be eaten in the car. Does anybody have any ideas?

Replies

• boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Lately I have not been able to loose any more weight. I stay exactly where I have been for the past 3 weeks. I have been excercising more and I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I am so close to my goal (only 5 more pounds to go), it is getting very frustrating. I have also been getting very bored with my diet. I am in my last quarter of school so I am constantly on rotation and in my car driving. I have been eating the same things because it is hard coming up with breakfast and lunch that can be eaten in the car. Does anybody have any ideas?
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid but eat more. Your body may have gotten used to your routine and needs to be shaken up a bit. Are you eating your exercise calories? That could be it to.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    There could be a few things going on. Are you eating 1200 calories before or after you take into account your exercise calories burned? Say you burn 400 calories and you've eaten 1200, that puts you at 800 for the day. Or, you eat 1600 and burn 400, putting you at 1200. Make sense? If you're like the first example, you MUST eat more! I think this thread is the most helpful I've seen so far concerning plateaus and whatnot:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48463-kerri-s-top-10-reasons-why-you-re-not-losing-weight

Kerri seems to be one very smart, experienced woman. Actually, there are a lot of really good threads on here about not losing weight. Take a deep breath, chill, search and explore. :) Happy weekend!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    The less weight you have to lose the slower it comes off. You're down to the last 5 so it is going to be slow.
    Like others have said make sure you are eating enough.
    Also work on toning/strength training. For me I didn't need to lose the last 5 as much as I needed to tone what I had. I look better at 120 than 115 (I am only 5'2".) Even my stomach looks smaller.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I would up your calories I was in a slump and I started eating a few hundred more calories a day and hte weight started to come off! Sometimes you need to shake things up a bit
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Incress your cals with good food. Then exercise like mad but do different exersises.

With good luck and hard work you will get there. :-)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When I got stuck at that point, I keep my exercise up but increased my calories to maintenance for a month. After I dropped them down gradually (200 cal deficit for 2 weeks, 400 cal deficit for 2 weeks, then a 500 cal deficit for about a month) I went back to losing a lb a week. Now I've gained about 1.5 lbs and my workouts suck and I've got a head cold, so it's time to bump my calories back up to maintenance. I had 1 lb left to lose! Yes it's sort of frustrating at times and time-consuming, but so are most important things, like buying houses and having babies and stuff. :tongue:
  • boomer0688
    boomer0688 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody!