nightmares?

Options

Replies

• Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I used to have a recurring dream in which I lost my car. I search endlessly for it in a parking lot, but can never find it. I've had it on and off for probably 15 years. So often, in fact, that I can usually realize I'm dreaming while still in the dream. But this realization usually wakes me up.

~Normally as soon as your realise your dreaming thats when it becomes a lucid dream and you have total control!
    Would be sad to wake up instead. =/
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    zombie dreams all the time. :c ones where i can feel flesh ripping and stuff. ones where i dont even wanna go shower by myself haha :p
    however i like watching zombie movies. so strange. sometimes i win in my dreams, but almost never. im usually trying to find a hiding space that is horrble like in a vent and then they all find me all at the same time and i die.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If i eat right before bed i get really bad dreams.
  • dwbrunton
    Options
    I used to have this crazy dream of flying off a cliff in a car and never wrecking??? Then I went to Wyoming and traveled big (still have white knuckles lol) Never had the dream since then.
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have them a couple times a month... usually someone is chasing me, breaking into my house, or trying to kill me... once I dreamt someone killed my brother... it felt so real I woke up crying... awful!!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Depends on your definition of nightmare.

I have a few specific locations I return to in my dreams, places I've never been and don't really exist outside of my head. Typically there is great danger/hardship/injury etc. within the dreams. They're intense and I usually wake up more tired than when I went to bed. These involve defending a place/territory to the point of watching people be killed. I've got a few graphic images stuck in my head from these. it also involves attempting to flee or escape a place in usually a failing vehicle.

Another I see on a regular basis involves being incredibly high up in trees or buildings and falling with crazy antics like being flung higher and higher and eventually slamming into something, either the ground or some other object. These cause me to wake up with a seriously pounding heart.

The strange scenic drive & highway is another one. I've never really figured out the purpose to the drive. The scenic part usually involves water in places, crazy drop-offs on the sides etc. Usually with everything from damaged to flooded roads. I eventually wind up on this strange 6-8 lane highway. The highway is elevated and looks to go on forever with a factory on the ground below with random features cropping up past the highway. The road climbs up and up away and into the clouds.

I've got plenty of others that are just as wild. Many involve injury to myself or others and crazy locations and such. My brain is crazy active when I sleep.

JM
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    i have a reocurring nightmare. same damn one. I am a student in high school or college and i realize when it comes times for finals that I forgot to go to a class for the entire semester. (variations include not being able to find the room it is being held in, not knowing where my locker is or what my combination is, etc...) I've been told its an "achievement" dream. haha

I have a similar one where I can't remember my schedule or room numbers so I don't know where to go and I have to take this class or not graduate. The school is always like a maze and I wonder around aimlessly in a cold sweat.

Yes! I still have this type of dream, and I haven't been in school for over 25 YEARS!
  • gldnlark
    Options
    I typically have up to 2 a week and they usually involve tornadoes... I've been told dreaming of them is a sign of extreme stress... No shock there. I'm still recovering from a stress-related disease.
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have horrific reoccurring nightmares. When my DD was born her heart stopped and did not restart during labor. I was doing great but she had to come out that instant. I had an emergency c-section, It went badly. They started before the pain meds kicked it and then DD was so tangled up in her cord that it took three pairs of hand inside my body to untangle her and pull her out. All my nightmares have been related in some way back to this.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I had this dream I was climbing a tall apple tree. I wanted the apple at the very top and who knows how many apples I passed along the way to reach it. So i climb and climb, finally reaching my apple. As I grabbed it, the rest of the apples on the tree turned into midgets with spears who chased me all over that apple tree.

What does it mean? It means I won't drink a bottle of cough syrup before bed.

Climbing a tree signifies "up is good" it indicates hard work for small gain(hmm...fitness related maybe?)
    As for the apples...if they were sweet then it signifies well-earned rewards. If the apples were bitter or green then it signifies a loss due to your own foolishness.

Midgets...one or more signify a new aquaintence(probably male) who will develop into a valuable friend.

Spears signify an exciting love life , especially if it was used to catch fish; however, if you're not eligible or suceptible, the dream suggests a clearing of obstacles in your path.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I had this dream I was climbing a tall apple tree. I wanted the apple at the very top and who knows how many apples I passed along the way to reach it. So i climb and climb, finally reaching my apple. As I grabbed it, the rest of the apples on the tree turned into midgets with spears who chased me all over that apple tree.

Climbing a tree signifies "up is good" it indicates hard work for small gain(hmm...fitness related maybe?)
    As for the apples...if they were sweet then it signifies well-earned rewards. If the apples were bitter or green then it signifies a loss due to your own foolishness.

Midgets...one or more signify a new aquaintence(probably male) who will develop into a valuable friend.

Spears signify an exciting love life , especially if it was used to catch fish; however, if you're not eligible or suceptible, the dream suggests a clearing of obstacles in your path.
    Soooo all my hard work is going to be rewarded buy a guy poking me with his excitement? I think I would have preferred to be ignorant.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options

Soooo all my hard work is going to be rewarded buy a guy poking me with his excitement? I think I would have preferred to be ignorant.

:laugh: Perfect interpretation
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I have bad dreams quite often. My boyfriend has woken me up several times because I will literally be crying (tears streaming down) in my sleep.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I had one last night where all my MFP friends realized that I am not LL Cool J. :sad:
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I had one last night where all my MFP friends realized that I am not LL Cool J. :sad:

awww, NO!!! say it isn't so!!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    i do sometimes when i'm going through a particularly crappy spot in life. or just plain difficult.

sometimes they help me figure out what's *really* bugging me, so i can squash it and move on.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever died in their dreams?? Because I have.. Multiple times.

I've been shot in the back of the head, which didn't kill me at first, but the "killer" realized I wasn't dead and put the barrel of the gun in the open wound in my head - I could feel the pressure in my eyes, like it was really happening.

I've also been lethally injected.. Twice. In the second dream, I remembered that it happened in the first dream, and was even more scared because I remembered how badly it hurt (burning feeling throughout my body).

My mom says I should talk to someone hahah, I'm thinking she may be right..
  • nancyinfernley
    Options
    i used to have dreams that i would start out somewhere with my two young children and then i would end up somewhere without them and they would be crying alone either at home or somewhere else. i haven't had this dream since they grew up. but i was always extremely overprotective of them.

also i used to have these very vivid dreams that my daughter was stolen, raped and murdered. once i became a buddhist the dreams stopped. maybe i changed the karma. but i figured they were telling me to keep a close eye on her. i remember when i had her step father follow her to school in the mornings because i worried. she got mad and told him never to do it again. i told her to bad. years later i explained why i was so overprotective and she finally understood.

i often have dreams that i am exploring this house that is haunted in the back recesses of it, but i'm living in the front. every once in a while i will have to go in the haunted rooms for something. maybe i'm using them for storage, i guess. i cannot see locking away rooms i can't use. i would probably do an exorcism if this ever happened to me. if it was just a normal haunting (like the master bath in my house is haunted) i would just ignore it. but for some reason this house has not so good ghosts. the floor plan is almost always the same too. i have been haunted almost all my life by some sort of ghosts. i never see them, i just feel them. just very weird dream!

i did have some prophetic dreams when i was pregnant with my son back in 77-78. for some reason the pregnancy brought out my natural ESP and where i usually just FEEL something is going to happen i dreamed it. as soon as i told my husband to drive our car to work in the rain instead of his motorcycle, the dreams stopped.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I had a nightmare last night - I was married to three men (at the same time) and had to coordinate all their and their kids' schedules. YIKES! I'd rather be chased by a tiger through a jungle in dreams.
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    I once dreamed that someone really close to me died :sad: ............I remember I was with a friend when it happened but didn't know about it til after we got back from our outing...........woke up, ran around the house, and found them........relief surrounded me.

Also, a re-occurring one where I was on this ride at Disneyland........only it wasn't anything like any of the rides there.......at one point it looked like I would just fall over the edge of this great cliff inside the ride (it looked like a house to me and I was in a boat). At the edge of the stream to one side was this little old lady in a rocking chair that closely resembled a Grimm Fairytale-ish crone and she was deathly still......no movement whatsoever........and then all of a sudden the rocking chair out of nowhere would begin to move ever so slightly when I came level to it.........then I woke up before the fall..........creeped me out every time.