Yard work?

Options
This weekend the plan is to do major yard work. Its going to be in the 80's today and 70's tomorrow. Does anyone know a good way of logging exercise for that? There will be raking, lots of racking, digging flower beds and planting, of course enjoying the nice hot weather too!!

Replies

• becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    This weekend the plan is to do major yard work. Its going to be in the 80's today and 70's tomorrow. Does anyone know a good way of logging exercise for that? There will be raking, lots of racking, digging flower beds and planting, of course enjoying the nice hot weather too!!
  • bethaudrey
    Options
    There's an entry in aerobics for gardening/general
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    if you go into the excercise tab and do a search on "GARDENING" you will get gardening to come up. Just log the minutes and you will get a calorie burn figure. :flowerforyou:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    thanks!!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Also, good toknow for all sorts of random activities (including intimate relations:embarassed: ): go to caloriesperhour.com and you can find lots of info.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I volunteered in a cleanup effort by Rebuilding Together today, picking up trash and fallen tree branches, for about two hours, non-stop, so I burned about 550 cals just on that. Had a great time, too! What a wonderful way to spend a morning.

Now I have to go weed the garden!