Yard work?

becbec71
becbec71 Posts: 136
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
This weekend the plan is to do major yard work. Its going to be in the 80's today and 70's tomorrow. Does anyone know a good way of logging exercise for that? There will be raking, lots of racking, digging flower beds and planting, of course enjoying the nice hot weather too!!

Replies

• becbec71
    This weekend the plan is to do major yard work. Its going to be in the 80's today and 70's tomorrow. Does anyone know a good way of logging exercise for that? There will be raking, lots of racking, digging flower beds and planting, of course enjoying the nice hot weather too!!
  • There's an entry in aerobics for gardening/general
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    if you go into the excercise tab and do a search on "GARDENING" you will get gardening to come up. Just log the minutes and you will get a calorie burn figure. :flowerforyou:
  • becbec71
    thanks!!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Also, good toknow for all sorts of random activities (including intimate relations:embarassed: ): go to caloriesperhour.com and you can find lots of info.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I volunteered in a cleanup effort by Rebuilding Together today, picking up trash and fallen tree branches, for about two hours, non-stop, so I burned about 550 cals just on that. Had a great time, too! What a wonderful way to spend a morning.

Now I have to go weed the garden!
This discussion has been closed.