Anyone 5'6'' and about 260lbs?

Options
When I joined I was 277 and currently about 263.
I'm only setting small goals for now so I don't overwhelm myself so my current goal is 30 more lbs by May 25th.
But obviously I'll keep going after that!

It'd be nice to have some support and friends in about the same place I am. :)
We can keep each other motivated!
Feel free to add me. :smile:

Replies

• Lorie269
    Lorie269 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I was 267 when I joined and I am now 257. I would like to be at 250 by April 1 but I want to get to about 140-150 eventually. I would love to have additional support as well. I'm adding you now.
  • 1st5kgoal
    1st5kgoal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI,
    Im 5'6 & 245...UGH hurts to put in in black & white!
    I joined awhile ago but now i am back & need to get serious!
    I know what i am supposed to do but need some serious motivation ;)

What kind of plan are you following? Excercise?
  • malibuz
    Options
    Hi all im new and in the same situation. Would love to add all of you's to my friends list as i NEED motivation!
    Maybe we can help each other out??

i am 5'6' and 253lbs
  • chantal626
    chantal626 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I try to walk 1.5-2 miles a couple times a week but if I don't, it's no big deal, just get back on track the next week. Other than that I just eat smaller portions than I used to, try to stay away from processed food, and I've stopped snacking when I'm bored - haha! :)
  • malibuz
    Options
    Are you going to the gym?

I am starting back at the gym tonight with my personal trainer who i see twice a week.

Would be really great if your also interested in before/after photo's to see the progress:smile:

I have restarted my diet today and just need the motivation to get back into the gym. Its weird really once i get motivated i actually enjoy going to the gym and i feel so much better when i am done.

I would also like to maybe look into doing some triathalons (not mainly about timing, actually completing it would be fantastic!).
  • beachgrad05
    beachgrad05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    All of you feel free to add me as I am in similar shape. :flowerforyou: Started at 255 and am 5' 7"

I also have to deal with hypothyroidism which does not help at all with the metabolism despite taking the medication....

Been riding my bicycle for the past week (have ridden 7 out of the last 8 days)....commuting to work gets my exercise in on weekdays...and longer rides when I'm not working....getting started with altering my diet and am seriously looking at darn near eliminating certain foods altogether....(dairy, eggs and meat)....been reading about plant-strong nutrition and want to incorporate that.... :smile:

I am unable to walk distances or for any length of time due to a torn labrum in my left hip and a narrowing of the spine condition that causes pain and numbness in my legs. Interestingly enough....one of the recommended exercises for the narrowing of the spine deal is riding a bicycle or stationary bike. :glasses:
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm 5'6" and I used to be about 295. I'm now stuck around the 245 - 250 range. I'm always looking for new friends on here so feel free to add me!
  • chantal626
    chantal626 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I cannot afford a gym membership. :/ I may get one just for the summer months though (I tend to have more money during the summer - I have a summer job then and less school expenses). And if I can, I want to also save up to buy my own treadmill to use while watching tv. :)
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 6 and 232 would like extra friends .i've been on here since nov weight neither up nor down .however only really been sticking to it proper for 20 days and although no weight off i can feel a change in my clothes exercise upped so far dog walk every wed fri and swim on a tuesday.plan to dog walk every day. have my route sorted just got to do it .
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I'm 5'6" and started MFP in January at 265. I am currently 246. This currently my 2nd go around with MFP. I lost 40lbs successfully last year but gained all of that back plus 5 lbs! So i'm at it again!
    I have mini goals for myself too. My first one is to be 225 by mid-may, when school gets out for summer. At that weight I'll be right around where I was when I lost my 40lbs last year. It's so daunting to think about losing all this weight all over again but it's better than letting myself sit here and gain!
    I don't have a gym membership either. I do have Xbox with kinect that I am using when I can. I'm also *hoping* to be able to get one of the beachbody workout programs to work on over summer break, but that's still a few months off.
    Feel free to add me!!
    :happy: