Share Your Favorite Salads and Toppings

Options
I have a huge salad for lunch at work pretty much every day and seldom are two exactly the same. I love, love, love my salads and feeling like an artist as I create different combinations. Today's is a basic romaine lettuce (1/2 head) with carrots, red peppers, cukes, and then topped with chia (a staple of most of my salads now), avacado (my fave!), sunflower seeds and dried cranberries - topped with just a little Ken's Fat Free Raspberry Pecan dressing!! YUM! I don't normally do dressing but now do a tsp of olive oil but today called for Ken's.

What do all of you like on your salads? Please share some creations. :)

Replies

• FlipThis112
    FlipThis112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Red beets, a little soft goat cheese, almonds and craisins over arugula, toppped with balsamic vinegar. YUM!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A little OJ and balsamic with blue or goat cheese and cranberries with spinach.It's like candy for me
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    Raisins, apples, sunflower seeds, black olives, cucumbers, carrots, bacon, and chicken are what I usually put on top of mine. I have to have a little italian dressing too.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    A really good half and half mix of spinach and varied greens, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, onions and balsalmic vinagrette are my basic combo. I have to tell you though, adding a little gorgonzola cheese makes a good salad unbelievable!!

Love the idea of cranberries. Yum!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Two words: Broccoli Slaw
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat taco salad alot for lunch at work. On Sunday I brown ground turkey & add taco seasonings. Then each monring I take some taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and whatever else I have on had to make a salad. For a dressing I use fat free sour cream (or fat free greek yogurt) and salsa which has alot less calories than regular dressing. If i want to make it spicy I will mix hot sauce with the sour cream.

It's really filling and only 330 calories! :smile:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Boston lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sliced mangoes, walnuts, shaved parmesan (just a little), little tiny slivers of candied ginger. Poppyseed, lemon juice, dijon, apple cider dressing. :)
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Raw spinach with strawberries and purple onions and a low calorie blasamic vinegarette. So yum!
  • kissedbytheocean
    kissedbytheocean Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new things to put on my salad! I love any kind of dried fruit, diced tempeh, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, any sort of seeds or nuts, "cheese" (fake cheese, because I'm a vegan), sliced olives, etc. My favorite dressing to use is usually a dijon mustard type, or sometimes Italian. Ranch is great too.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like veggie overload. Broccoli (chopped up very small), colored bell peppers, green onions, celery, a variety of lettuces, carrots, olives (black and green) have comprised my recent salads but I could write forever about ingredients I use.

I make all of my dressings homemade from balsamic vinagarette(sp?) to blue cheese to honey mustard.

For lower cal honey mustard I combine fat free plain yogurt, spicy brown mustard, honey and splenda. I love it!
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I recently have discovered that using some pico de gallo as a salad topping and "dressing" really adds flavor and saves on calories rather than using caeser (my fave dressing) .

I also love blue cheese, almonds, pecans, any sort of nut, feta cheese, egg, cucumber, any fresh veggie pretty much, chicken breast, grilled meat, etc on salads.

:D
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Spring mix salad, chopped hard-boiled egg, sliced granny smith apple, bleu cheese or feta crumbles, top it off with some Ken's Light Italian.
  • cPT_Helice
    Options

I see this at the store all the time and wondered about it. Does it have mayo in it, though?
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    baby spinach, shredded carrot, walnuts, blue cheese and kraft balsamic vinegar dressing. yum!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I see this at the store all the time and wondered about it. Does it have mayo in it, though?

Nah, I buy it in the bag, raw, without dressing and sprinkle some of it on my salad. It is the Bees Knees :)
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, shrimp, blue cheese crumbles, pecans, almonds, walnuts....not necessarily altogether. Rare steak is good in small amounts, Tuna sometimes and the old standby, grilled chicken.
  • cPT_Helice
    Options

Nah, I buy it in the bag, raw, without dressing and sprinkle some of it on my salad. It is the Bees Knees :)

I love broccoli in my salad, even though its so big and loud in the office. LOL I am definitely going to look for the bagged slaw! Thanks! :)
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    1. Mixed greens, kidney beans (or black beans), corn (cut off the cob in chunks), red onion, tomatoes, croutons....sometimes with a smidge of french dressing, and sometimes no dressing at all....

2. Mixed greens, assorted veggies, and a packet of Tuna Creations Lemon Pepper Tuna on top.......no dressing needed.
  • Determinedtorunon
    Determinedtorunon Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I eat taco salad alot for lunch at work. On Sunday I brown ground turkey & add taco seasonings. Then each monring I take some taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and whatever else I have on had to make a salad. For a dressing I use fat free sour cream (or fat free greek yogurt) and salsa which has alot less calories than regular dressing. If i want to make it spicy I will mix hot sauce with the sour cream.

It's really filling and only 330 calories! :smile:

LOVE it, adding to my menu
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I like feta, sundried tomatoes, grilled chicken or blue cheese, walnuts, and cranberries. I also like it with salmon or tuna. Pretty much anything can go on a salad