Gotta Love Those Co-workers...

Options
Okay, so I really do love my co-workers, but sometimes they are so unsupportive. My co-worker says to me today that she goes to a weight loss clinic to pick up pills so she can eat whatever she wants. She literally said these words to me: "I don't have to starve myself like you to lose weight, I just take pills. HAHA!" Who is she kidding??? Look at my food diary, I am definitely not starving. I eat way more now than I used to eat, but I eat the right foods now and at the right times. Apparently, if I'm not eating processed junk all day long, I am starving myself. Love it.

Replies

• Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I hate ignorant people that "think" they know what it means to be healthy and always look for the easy route. Good thing you realize that you are doing things the right way! Keep going!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I know, and don't get me wrong I have definitely had that same mindset in the past, but it all has to do with ignorance. I know now that starving yourself and/or popping pills is not the way to lose weight. I also know that lifestyle is dangerous and unhealthy. Some people just can't give up the junk, so they try to take the easy way out. In response to my co-workers comment, I told her even though she is skinny she is a walking heart attack. LOL
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Over the years, you'll get as jaded as I am, and you'll do everything you can to avoid talking about the subject with people.
  • Mamaincali
    Mamaincali Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think what also doesn't help is these people are going to a weight loss clinic so they think it is healthy. I have a friend that is going to one and spending $100 a month for these diet pills. She's ecstatic with her huge weight loss every week but if I say anything then I am being negative so I just decided whatever makes her happy and I don't say anything anymore.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    "walking heart attack" HA HA I Love it! :laugh:

I've recently started getting better at being the bigger person in this situations. Now my response is always "This is what works for my body." when people criticize my habits.

To each her own. :flowerforyou:
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lx8o4cs9p51r9uw6co1_500.gif
  • MizCJ84
    Options
    Over the years, you'll get as jaded as I am, and you'll do everything you can to avoid talking about the subject with people.

Good advice, it's shame it has to come to this. I'm so excited about what I'm doing with my life, but I know not everyone is like me so I just have to let it go.
  • MizCJ84
    Options
    I think what also doesn't help is these people are going to a weight loss clinic so they think it is healthy. I have a friend that is going to one and spending $100 a month for these diet pills. She's ecstatic with her huge weight loss every week but if I say anything then I am being negative so I just decided whatever makes her happy and I don't say anything anymore.

Exactly, there's no getting through to some people. If she's happy with what she's doing more power to her. I'm going to keep on eating healthy and exercising because I don't just want to be skinny, I want to be healthy.