Nike+ iPod

Options
I just recently decivered what nike+ ipod is it came on my phone but i have never really messed aroumd with it. Have you tried it? Is it worth spending the extra money on a pair of shoes plus the sensor? Or should i go the cheap route and download the nike+ gps. All input welcome.

Replies

• jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+GPS app on my iPhone and absolutely love it! If you are into keeping track of your runs/stats, then this is for you. I never used to run outside with headphones/music, but now I do just so I can hear my pace. Last fall I ran a 10 mile race and posted a PR for it. The pace updates really helped propel me to run faster and gave me the reassurance/confirmation when I was running. I told a couple of my friends about the app and now they are addicted too!
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing. My reward for hitting 140 is going to be a new pair of gym shoes, and I was trying to figure out what to get!
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+GPS app on my iPhone and absolutely love it! If you are into keeping track of your runs/stats, then this is for you. I never used to run outside with headphones/music, but now I do just so I can hear my pace. Last fall I ran a 10 mile race and posted a PR for it. The pace updates really helped propel me to run faster and gave me the reassurance/confirmation when I was running. I told a couple of my friends about the app and now they are addicted too!

I was reading something about being able to hook it up to the treadmill. And it calculating that way. Have you ever done this? I'm really iffy about paying 70+ for a pair of shoes since I bought some Nike air max shoes and they hurt my feet.
  • mrssquid
    mrssquid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you don't need Nike shoes to use this. You can buy a sensor that clips onto your shoelaces, and has a receiver that fits onto your ipod. This is what I have (Use the Nike+iPod app on my nano). Love it, but wouldn't trade my Mizuno's for Nikes EVER!!
  • awidener86
    Options
    you don't need Nike shoes to use this. You can buy a sensor that clips onto your shoelaces, and has a receiver that fits onto your ipod. This is what I have (Use the Nike+iPod app on my nano). Love it, but wouldn't trade my Mizuno's for Nikes EVER!!

I love my nikes! My air max are the only ones that I've ever had that hurt my feet.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

I was reading something about being able to hook it up to the treadmill. And it calculating that way. Have you ever done this? I'm really iffy about paying 70+ for a pair of shoes since I bought some Nike air max shoes and they hurt my feet.
    If you have the app for the iPhone, you won't need a sensor. As for the treadmill, I have used the Nike+GPS app while running on it, but it wasn't accurate for the distance, compared to the treadmill (unless the treadmill number was wrong!).
  • awidener86
    Options

If you have the app for the iPhone, you won't need a sensor. As for the treadmill, I have used the Nike+GPS app while running on it, but it wasn't accurate for the distance, compared to the treadmill (unless the treadmill number was wrong!).

So the Nike+ GPS is the one that works by hooking it up to the treadmill? A 1.99 is worth spending to give something a shot. WAY better than 20 plus whatever else I need to buy to use the sensor.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I ordered the little Nike + doodad that goes on your shoe/connects with your iPod/iPhone and it was worthless.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I just got a new Nano yesterday and it said you can hook it up to nike + ready machines without the extra stuff. It already has a Nike + program on it to track runs, etc-it just doesn't track where you run. Not sure quite how accurate it is with mileage and all, i'll come home and map it after my next walk and compare the map to the Nike + mileage to see.
  • awidener86
    Options
    I ordered the little Nike + doodad that goes on your shoe/connects with your iPod/iPhone and it was worthless.

What is wrong with it? Like what don't you like about it? Everyone else I've talked to about it says they like it. So I'd like your feedback.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

What is wrong with it? Like what don't you like about it? Everyone else I've talked to about it says they like it. So I'd like your feedback.

It just flat out didn't work. My hubby couldn't even get it to work, and he's a techie type. I guess I got a lemon.
  • awidener86
    Options

It just flat out didn't work. My hubby couldn't even get it to work, and he's a techie type. I guess I got a lemon.

Can you return it or exchange it? Because like I said your the only one who I've heard say it was crap. Everyone else loves it.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I just recently decivered what nike+ ipod is it came on my phone but i have never really messed aroumd with it. Have you tried it? Is it worth spending the extra money on a pair of shoes plus the sensor? Or should i go the cheap route and download the nike+ gps. All input welcome.

I like the nike+. It worked. I used the sensor in non-nike+ shoes and it worked and I ordered a pair of nike+ shoes over a year later and the sensor still works. Seemed to track well when I did use it. Hoping to use it again. Some people cut a little slit and put it in the tongue of the shoe if it's not a nike+ shoes, but if you're in the market for new shoes and do running it's worth it
  • milkll13
    milkll13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nike GPS is free and I love it. Also, if you want to get a sensor, you dont have to get the shoes. There are clips designed to hold the sensor on your laces that you can use with any shoes. That also give you the ability to switch it up if need be. Look on amazon or ebay - the clips come in differant colors if thats something you care about...
  • mrsmoreno05
    Options

This is what I do! And I LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • awidener86
    Options
    Nike GPS is free and I love it. Also, if you want to get a sensor, you dont have to get the shoes. There are clips designed to hold the sensor on your laces that you can use with any shoes. That also give you the ability to switch it up if need be. Look on amazon or ebay - the clips come in differant colors if thats something you care about...
    When I went to download it it said it was 1.99. And how does the treadmill work with Nike gps? Since your walking in one place. I think I'm going to get the sensor and a pink clip too.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have the Nike+ for my ipod. I have the shoes etc. I loved it prior to the app. I used to use it all the time. Lately I've just been using my iphone b/c of saftey issues but I did love it for quite awhile. If you're looking to track without a phone then it's for you. It's very cool if you're hiking or something or mall walking etc.
  • Nanita02
    Nanita02 Posts: 20
    Options
    I love it as well, great track keeper n motivator. Hubby n I challenge each other!!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I like the spoken feedback and the inspirational messages BUT I have to say that I used it to train for a half marathon and actually wore it while I ran the race and it ended up being off by about 750 meters... so I am not sure how accurate it is all the time.

I still use it but also run with a Garmin watch (OCD anyone?!) :tongue: