Yo-Yo-er in my 30's in Florida

Options
I would like to make some connections with other women who are in thier 30s or 40s that have done this their whole lives! I have been 10-20 pounds overweight my whole life. Have lost and gained three times since college. Could use the support of others who are trying to stick it out for good this time!

Replies

• MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    me too!!!! I've lost weight 3 times since college and was a beautiful 150 for a couple months, and then it comes back on. After the baby weight came off last year i was at 185 and i'm at 170 now, but looking to be 150-155 and stay that way! I've been trying to figure out why it comes back on after I've worked so hard to reach my goal, and for some reason when I'm down to my goal weight I feel like its "ok" to eat crappy foods because I'm already thin. Isn't that crazy? Its like I reward myself with food when I'm thin. In my head I'm saying "well its not like I'm fat and eating a double cheeseburger and fries" and then the weight comes back on and I'm the fat girl eating a salad haha. I need to maintain my weight with good habits.
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    After the baby weight came off last year i was at 185 and i'm at 170 now, but looking to be 150-155 and stay that way!

I've been trying to figure out why it comes back on after I've worked so hard to reach my goal, and for some reason when I'm down to my goal weight I feel like its "ok" to eat crappy foods because I'm already thin.

Its like I reward myself with food when I'm thin.

I need to maintain my weight with good habits.

Well I have no excuse. I have a 16 and 14 year old, but I didn't give birth to them. :happy: They came with the package.

I recently heard about a study that said people who take off weight and keep it off for long periods of time continue to keep a food journal and exercise an hour every day. Thats what I'm going to try to stick to this time.

I also heard a long time ago (I think weight watchers) to never reward yourself with food. That it builds a mental mindset that you continue once you have quit your calorie restriction or diet. Another reason for the re-gain.

Anyway, thats my two cents. Thanks for your reply!
  • nrsymom
    nrsymom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Same here except I can't even remember how many times I've yo-yoed. Here I am again. After losing 60 pounds last year I have gained about half of it back. It is so frustrating! Each time I say, "This is it. I am not gaining it back!" So what is the problem? I have joined the community side of this site to see if the continued support and motivation of others with the same problem will help keep me in line.
  • pamelazee
    Options
    I have joined the community side of this site to see if the continued support and motivation of others with the same problem will help keep me in line.

I'm glad you are here! Look forward to "seeing you around."
  • pamelazee
    Options
    How's it going ladies?
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would like to make some connections with other women who are in thier 30s or 40s that have done this their whole lives! I have been 10-20 pounds overweight my whole life. Have lost and gained three times since college. Could use the support of others who are trying to stick it out for good this time!

I'm in my late 30s, and have been exercising on and off. I have a passion for kickboxing (which i haven't gone to in two weeks), and I love to walk. I have lost 55 lbs after having my second child, and kept it off until recently! The last six months i've gained 30 lbs back on, that i had lost. Its been a rough time getting back into the swing of things for me. But i have to put myself first!!!