60 days in, but no difference :(

Options
It;s been almost 60 days since i started using MFP, i dont see any change in myself or scale. I do eat within cal limits..Feeling totally demotivated but i still log everyday :(
Any ideas?

Replies

• beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't be of any help because I am having the exact same problem....

I can't wait to see if anyone has any good tips or any reasons why this might be happening...

It is extremely hard to stay motivated when you work so hard for nothing...
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It would be hard for anyone to give you advice without specifics. Since your diary is private, how much do you eat? What are you eating? Are you working out? If so, what do you do? Do you have any health issues? The more information you can provide, the more we can offer advice.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale. You will be shocked to see how much you are over estimating your food. If you are not measuring and weighing everything there is no way to tell.
  • jbarletta316
    Options
    Are you eating "healthy" calories? Are you exercising? Those are the only things I can think of. I'm just starting but I have friends who have amazing results right now. They are either eating extremely well or are working out very hard and eating "better".
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    well...no one can offer any advice unless you offer some specifics. You eat within your calorie range. Are you eating healthy foods or 4 snickers bars per day? are you working out? what are your goals? there is no info on your profile at all. And you need some friends on here! It really helps keeping me motivated when I have people expecting to see me post my workout or my food diary.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    How overweight are you? Heavy people lose faster and larger numbers. But we would need to see diary and mor info to give you any real help.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale. You will be shocked to see how much you are over estimating your food. If you are not measuring and weighing everything there is no way to tell.

QFT. This has helped me a TON!
  • jaqiswany
    Options

I agree those little diet scales are fab, its amazing how portions estimated can make a difference. Do you drink lots of water? I always find that helps alot :-)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    It would be hard for anyone to give you advice without specifics. Since your diary is private, how much do you eat? What are you eating? Are you working out? If so, what do you do? Do you have any health issues? The more information you can provide, the more we can offer advice.

Agree!!!!
  • macylane4
    Options
    You girls not losing...make your food diary public so we can see what foods you're eating etc
  • macylane4
    Options
    I lost almost 30 lbs in my first 2 months...there is something not adding up for you
  • RNMachine
    Options
    Well, let's face it, it's not ALWAYS a calorie consumed vs. calorie burned issue. There can be other metabolic issues at work, here. If you're sure enough decreasing calories and not losing weight, I'd check with your family physician and see if there isn't something else going on.
  • sg_02
    sg_02 Posts: 11
    Options
    hello all, i made lot of food changes, started eating more whole grain and veggies. I do 30 mins cardio (elliptical or walking) atleast 2-3 times a week. I eat more often at home than at restaurants. My major improvement was to cut out soda completely, been 4 months no soda or sugary drinks anymore. hoping small changes will help.
  • daspscho
    Options
    Other than getting a scale and actually weighing what you're eating, the only thing I can think of is maybe you don't log/ underestimate drinks? Like sodas, juices (they have a lot more calories than you would think), coffee or tea with sugar, energy drinks, beer or other alcoholic beverages...
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We need a little more information, such as what exactly are you eating? are you measuring your food properly and inputting all of the information in (butter, olive oil, drinks)? When I first started I wasn't measuring accurately and couldn't believe how off I was once I started using my cups and the food scale...Once I started acrcurately putting everything and working out on the regular the weight has been coming off...slowly but it's coming off. How often are you working out? Have there been any health issues such as thyroid problems?
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Is there a change in the way your clothes fit? Do you physically feel better?
  • tlt712
    tlt712 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Walking and water is a help. I noticed the projected weight loss increased as my water consumption increased. Of course, although I hate to admit, to move.
    I like this program because I can easily look at the nutritional value of what I'm eating. It's not just calories. Good luck.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You girls not losing...make your food diary public so we can see what foods you're eating etc
    Even if we see what she is eating, there is no way to know if her amounts are correct. I still say "if you aint losing, a food scale is the only way".
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This is a common issue and a common thread. I'm 60 days in too, and coming from a total junk-food-eating couch potato to working out hard 6 days a week and weighing and measuring every healthy little morsel AND drinking tons of water, I expected to see BIG numbers drop on the scale. WRONG.

I've become obsessed with it.. frustrated by it... agonizing over it.. and even snarling a little when my MFP buddies posed their continued losses.. (truly I'm happy for you.. but it just sucks to be me!)

But you have to realize that you are changing for the good. If you're working out when you've never worked out, that's a positive thing and something to be proud of. If you're eating healthier and watching your calories, that's a positive thing and something to be proud of!

Today I may not have lost the weight I expected or wish to at this point in my journey, but what I've gained is more stamina, more energy, more confidence in myself, a better outlook on life in general. I actually am beginning to feel smaller in my clothes instead of busting out of them.

Be happy for the small rewards or else you'll drive yourself nuts! This is for a lifetime. The alternative is to go back to whatever you were doing before you started doing this.... is that a better option?

You'll get there.. just stick with it!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

would also be good to know what other measurements you're using, bf%, inches, etc

there are many ways to judge progress that are not scale related