Operation Heart Healthy Plan

Options
Hi all! My name is Chris. I am 27 years old and at a turning point in life. I had to visit a heart doctor recently for chest pains and it's time to pull this weight off and not go down the path of other family members. My current weight is 320. I am on day three of my new eating habits. I am accounting for every calorie that I eat and beginning to walk daily. I am eating more fruits, vegatables, lean meat, less sugar, and lots more water.

Does anyone know anything about ketosis? I think I inadvertantly put my boby in that state by cutting out most of my usual sugar and carb intake. I'm not on a low-carb diet however. I have the symptoms of ketosis such as weakness, little hunger, nausia, and being in a "cloud". I'm on day three of my new "operation heart healthy" plan. Any thoughts?

I would love to chat with anyone on here. Thanks!!!

Replies

• margerator
    Options
    HI! It's good to have you on board. My name is Margie, and one of the main reasons I want to get in shape is that heart desease runs in my family. In fact I lost my mom to it in 2005; she was only 54 years old, and had her first operation when she was in her forties. I am really hoping that my sister and I never get those problems.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing some scares at such a young age, but I am confident that now that you are on MFP and making yourself healthier, you won't ever have to look back. I am trying to lose about 20-30 lbs, and have lost about 8 in a relatively short period of time. This site really teaches you about how much you really need to feel full and be healthy, etc. I think that is why I have been successful.

Also, there are several on here that are going through similar health scares, and i'm sure they will be of good support and motivation to you! Feel free to add me, and I wish you the best of luck. There will be set backs and bad days, but if you stick with it, you will get the results you want!
  • margerator
    Options
    One more thing, a healthy lifestyle is contagious. Your family might even catch on if you keep it up!