Best Alcoholic Beverages if you are going to consume them?

Options
I drink socially but have cut down my intake dramatically along with my calories. I still like to have an alcoholic beverage with friends once in a while, I am wondering if there is advice on what are the lowest calorie/lowest carb drinks that tastes better than the other advice I've been given of a "vodka/water with lemon"... Suggestions welcome!

Replies

• shaeni1221
    Options
    If you are a beer drinker, try Michelob Ultra
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    if you're a REAL beer drinker, drink a real beer and dont chug it.
  • LovahLaura
    Options
    Dirty martini (it's just vodka and olive juice). Vodka tonic. Red wine. Low-low calorie beers.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com/

^ There you go. I do malibu/diet since (for me) it's about 130 calories for my drink. I like the taste of alcohol so I make mine doubles, which is why the calorie count is high. 1 shot = 65 calories for rum.
  • ashditty2
    ashditty2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will try the malibu and diet for sure, I LOVE beer but haven't been as successful at drinking that as slowly as a mixed drink...
  • Boonster001
    Options
    If you like vodka, the iced tea vodka with sugar free snapple tea is really good -- and tea is something that I can sip! Have fun!
  • lunarastro
    lunarastro Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum and Coke Zero. 69 cals per shot of 94 proof rum!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum and Coke Zero. 69 cals per shot of 94 proof rum!

I like your style :) I might have to try this one!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Clear liquors have the fewest calories. Avoid fruit juice/soda mixers. In other words: drink that vodka straight up