Healthy brownies

Options
kermiehiho
kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
Hi everyone,
So i have a pouch of 10.25 oz betty crocker fudge brownie mix, and i'd like to make something healthy from them. I have some applesauce and canned pumpkin. I've heard i can use black beans to healthify brownies, and i'm open to that idea too. But so far the healthy brownie recipes i've seen make the brownies from scratch, i.e., cocoa powder and such, or don't show the package size for the brownie mix. Anyone know of a healthy brownie recipe from a mix?
Thanks~

Replies

• kermiehiho
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    So i have a pouch of 10.25 oz betty crocker fudge brownie mix, and i'd like to make something healthy from them. I have some applesauce and canned pumpkin. I've heard i can use black beans to healthify brownies, and i'm open to that idea too. But so far the healthy brownie recipes i've seen make the brownies from scratch, i.e., cocoa powder and such, or don't show the package size for the brownie mix. Anyone know of a healthy brownie recipe from a mix?
    Thanks~
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Box of brownie mix
    15 oz can of pumpkin

Stir
    Bake at whatever temp the box calls for, but check it about 10 minutes earlier. It usually cooks quicker with the pumpkin.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i have a recipe for healthy chocolate muffins using cakemix.. would that help?

3 cups of all bran
    3 cups of water
    1pkg low fat betty crocker brownie mix
    1 tsp baking soda

mix all bran and water. let stand 15 minutes. add brownie mix and baking soda.
    lightly spray pan.

bake at 350 for 20 minutes. makes 24 muffins
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    i have a recipe for healthy chocolate muffins using cakemix.. would that help?

3 cups of all bran
    3 cups of water
    1pkg low fat betty crocker brownie mix
    1 tsp baking soda

mix all bran and water. let stand 15 minutes. add brownie mix and baking soda.
    lightly spray pan.

bake at 350 for 20 minutes. makes 24 muffins

This one sounds good. Too bad I don't have the carbs to try it :grumble:.
  • kermiehiho
    Options
    I'm starting to feel sorry I asked (I hope no people in law enforcement look at this...) :noway:
    Thanks to those of you who posted legal recipes. :tongue:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel sorry I asked (I hope no people in law enforcement look at this...) :noway:
    Thanks to those of you who posted legal recipes. :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    No worries, I'm sure no one is expecting you to make or eat any of the happy brownies, lol. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    By healthy, do you mean low in calories or containing nutrition?

Considering all the random ingredients in Betty Crocker, I'd personally just try to do as little damage as possible and keep the calories low. For that, just pour in a can of diet soda (yeah, go ahead and use that stevia diet soda if you want to be "good"). You don't need anything else.

It works in any cake mix. You won't need eggs or oil, so no extra calories.

Aww, I remember the last weed cookie I had. It was peanut butter! I must say, not a bad combination!

I rarely if ever drink because of the calories, but pot has never made me into a munchies monster, so it's how I get me "typical college student" kicks in. Though my faded friends cannot comprehend how I'll be giggling and bouncing around...while nibbling on a couple of carrot sticks. As they devour Ben & Jerry's.
  • campfirequeen
    Options
    I believe this is the same recipe that I got at a W.W. meeting.
    The brownies are 1PT each.

I am laughing my butt off on the Weed Butter. Crazy:smokin:
  • kermiehiho
    Options
    OK, so for anyone who's really interested in making legally healthy brownies, I tried a black bean brownie recipe.
    Ingredients:
    1 box brownie mix
    1 can black beans

Directions:
    Rinse beans well. Put beans in a food processor, add just enough water to cover beans. Blend until pureed or smooth consistency. Add to brownie mix. Bake as directed.

I actually used a fork to mash the beans a bit first, since all I have is a food chopper. Also, another recipe I found said to add half a can of pumpkin to the mixture, but I didn't do that. It might have tasted a little less beany that way, but more sticky. Anyway, I think considering it's only got beans and water, it turned out pretty good, if you're interested in making your brownies healthy. Let me know how it turns out if anyone tries it with pumpkin. :wink: